New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Realistic Fiction > Bringing Scarlet back

Bringing Scarlet back

mereCat
Bringing Scarlet back
Summary: For her birthday, Scarlet got a pink balloon full of helium and a hospital bed.

Accident or not, the truth is irreversible and an enormous burden for Amber, her tough, tomboy older sister. Overwhelmed by guilt, fear and self-hate, she struggles to come to terms with the damage she may have caused. The incident has changed her beyond repair and the only place she wants to live is the past. Running from the future she forges a pretend correspondence with her younger sister which she slowly starts to hope is real and powerful beyond measure.

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:53 am:
Ohmygosh - that's so wierd! I will have to read your novel now :)

PaperArmageddonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:43 am :
Yah, I hope I can finish it soon and put it on here! :) It's kind of long, so I'll be posting it in three parts I think. I'd love to get your feedback when my story finally gets on TI, because you definitely know what you're talking about.

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:42 pm :
Aww thanks, I'll be on the look out for it

PaperArmageddonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You are making me cry. I hope you are very proud of yourself. ;_;  But seriously... THIS IS AWESOME! You need to get an editor and have this published and become a famous author! I absolutely love this, Cat. It's hands-down THE best I've seen on TeenInk. It's actually as lengthy as a novel should be, it draws me in, it's descriptive, thoughtful, meaningful, and realistic. And yes, it made me well up. You have earned bragging rights as a tearjerker. :) Anyways... please n... (more »)

Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:28 am :
Wow, thank you so much! It means so much to have such a positive response to my writing. :) Thank you again, this has made my day!

Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:59 am :
No problem! :) By the way, in the novel I've been writing the main character is a young girl named Amber, too - AND her little brother (Jamie) died when he was six! Amber feels guilty because she wasn't with him when he died and also feels like it's all her fault. Funny that I didn't realize when I first read this what all our stories have in common (besides the main character being named Amber, I noticed it right away of course)! It's kinda spooky... :D