New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Realistic Fiction > On the Other Side of the Clouds

On the Other Side of the Clouds

Naesmarts
On the Other Side of the Clouds
Summary: When life gets too hard to bear, Tonya begins to doubt the existence of the God that she once believed in. Her faith shaken and her happiness temporary, she believes that all hope is lost. However, a prayer offered up to Heaven one day brings the Georgia peach more than she could ever have imagined.

Adam Carter is a southern carpenter whose smile is almost as big as his heart. When he meets Tonya for the first time, all does not seem ordinary. His advice and influence begin to lead her down the path of true love, and Adam seems to be at the right places at the right times. Can he redefine the term "God Sent" and help his newfound friend find her way? Despite being pushed to the canvas, these two will unite to show that faith still stands a chance. After all, the sun rests just on the other side of the clouds.

Well Tonya is at her wits end about religion. She wants desperately to believe in God but doesn't see any Proof. Adam is the guy for the job.

Naesmarts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:59 am:
Thanks Alizz! I thought that would clarfiy because I cant split the book into two parts because the two characters lives are happening simotaneously 

AlizzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:26 am:
I agree with None0 that the writing does get somewhat confusing because two characters are using first person perspective. I would suggest stating the name of who is talking at the beginning of each chapter. For example: This is Adam speaking. Or something like that. Other than that, I think it is a pretty good story line with decent writing.

Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:56 am:
can you explain more of what telling language is? and thanks so much for the critique

None0 said...
Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:45 pm:
I read the last half, and went over the first half again, and now I know why this novel seems so disorganized. You're using the "I" character for both Adam and Tonya. Don't do that.   Or at least, if you're going to use the "I" character for both, create a scene in the beginning of each chapter where the character is clearly signified.   Other than that, as mentioned in my last comment, rework all of that telling language. Instead of telling the ... (more »)

None0 said...
Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:34 pm:
Well, after reading about half of it, here are my thoughts. The story keeps drifting randomly into the character's thoughts, taking away focus from the plotline. Personally, I couldn't even tell what the heck was happening even after reading through it twice. You should keep the character's thoughts separate from what happens in reality. Make different paragraphs for them or something (which would also help out with the huge blocks of text in this novel). My only other criticism is t... (more »)