Nothing Lasts Forever

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

Life Without Isabel

Life went on without Isabel, no one would ever forget about her but they could live without her. It was two months after it happened and Emily and Isabel talked at least two days a week. Susan and Steve both walked Fred every day and let him sleep in bed with them. Lauren was still working hard to finish her last year of college at Wisconsin University.
The U.S. national soccer team had to find someone to take Isabel’s spot. No one was ever going to be as good as Isabel was but they had find someone to play right defender. They found a 26 year old girl who had played on the Canadian national team, but moved to the U.S. to be with her family. She thought the U.S. team was really good and that they had so many nice players. All of the players on the Canadian team didn’t really get along as well as the U.S. players did.
One day when Susan was walking Fred she got the mail. There was an envelope addressed to her and Steve from the state. They wanted to sue Molly for everything she has but they decided that it wouldn’t be worth paying to fly there and back and all of the court fees so they were going to try get money from New York for their daughter being murdered.
Susan went inside and opened the envelope. She stood there, shocked holding the letter in her hands. Steve walked in the room and asked “are you okay?”
“I’m better than okay, look at this letter from New York.” Steve took the letter out of her hands and read it. He was shocked, then said “Are they seriously giving us $4 million?”

“Yeah, that’s how much Isabel would have made in ten years.”

“I can’t believe this, Isabel would have been able to do so much with this, but I’m glad that we get what she would have had.” The next thing Susan did was call Shelby, who was living in Isabel’s old house. “Hello” answered Shelby. “Hi this is Susan, I just wanted to let you know that the house is yours, you don’t have to pay rent anymore.”

“Wait, why?”

“We got $4 million from the state, that’s how much Isabel would have made in 10 years. So just keep your money, you need it way more than I do.”

“Thank you so much”

“You’re welcome” then Susan hung up the phone. Susan and Steve called all of their family members and Lily to tell them that the good news. They also said that after they received the money they would give them all at least $1,000. Everyone was really happy, even Fred because they told him that they would buy him a new bone.

Susan and Steve went to the bank the next day and showed them the letter. The bank made a few phone calls, then gave them $1 million. They said that they could have the rest of the money when they wanted it. They didn’t want to take it all at once incase something happened, like they were robbed. It was a week later and they still hadn't spent any of the money. Steve asked “do you know how old are van is?”

“No, why?” asked Susan.

“Well it’s way too old, I think we need a new car.”

“I don’t disagree with that” said Susan with a smile on her face. They went out the next day to go car shopping. They started the day with an old van and ended the day with a new Camaro. And at the end of the day all of Steve’s and Susan’s family and friends were $2,000 richer. No matter how much money they got, nothing would ever replace Isabel.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12