Lesson Learned

Author's note: Me & my Bestfriend delt with a thing like this and it horribly bothered me which gave me great...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Me & my Bestfriend delt with a thing like this and it horribly bothered me which gave me great inspiration and motivation to write this piece.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

2 Bestfriends

Making my way into my desk, I had realized a familiar face. A face I didn’t really want to ever familiarize with again. Whose long, soft, blonde hair made me gag, and who’s evil, but beautiful, green eyes made me uneasy. She stood in front of the class as Ms. Peachet introduced her as Julie Powell. As I gawked, the horrible memories flooded back into my head. In 6th grade, she was the new kid from England, everybody made fun of her, and I happened to be that sweet little girl (not to brag) who took her hand and became friends with her. We were inseparable, unbreakable, and then 7th grade, she started getting attention from the whole school… She then became popular, noticing that everybody loved her looks and charm (our relationship started crumbling from there). Then one day, I decided to do a horrible thing, that ruined our friendship forever… The whole school knew who she liked, Riley Cooper. But then I also knew that he liked me… Then it all went downhill from there. Since that day she had seen my online relationship status change into, ‘In a Relationship’, she had vowed to take every single thing away from me. And to be quite honest, I never thought I would have seen her 2 years later in Orange County, Cali-
“Hey, who’s the new girl?” Carson’s voice stumbled into my thoughts as she sat in her desk, glancing back and forth from me to the ‘new girl’.
“I-I don’t know,” I unknowingly hesitated on my words. I drew little doodles on my notepad, and that gave Carson the sign that I was hiding something.
“What is she to you? Did you have a little hissy fight over some dumb middle-school thing, & then became your ex-best friend?” Carson chuckled away. She guessed right on the target, knowing that we always joked about little middle-schooler’s and their middle-school problems. I looked at her, and gave out a few stone hard, ‘ha-ha’s’.
“Class, Julie Powell came from Pasadena, and is going to be joining us for the rest of the year. Now, if you’d please, give us a couple facts about you Julie.” Julie smiled deviously at me; I started panicking realizing that she did recognize me.
“I’d love to!” Her British accent irritated me. “I am originally from England, Manchester, England.” I silently mocked the way she said ‘Manchester’. Sounds like ‘Man-chest-hair’ to me. “I have 2 adorable dogs, Lilly and Annie. I use to live in Pasadena, but my Mum got a job-transfer all the way out here.” She glared directly at me when said ‘here’, and I looked away, hoping she would stop looking at me. “And also, her,” She pointed her pretty little painted finger out to me, “Yes I know her, hello Gabrielle!” She waved at me warmly, and I smiled back, and glanced around the class. Gosh, why did I deserve this horrible torture?
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »