New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

A Life Through My Looking Glass

Author's note: This was also a piece for an English class. We had to write about social issues (mine was...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This was also a piece for an English class. We had to write about social issues (mine was bullying). I hope you like it, please read!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Chapter One: Amanda

Chapter One: Amanda

Jeez! Give me a break!

I can’t believe that I have to wake up at 5:30 every morning to get ready for school. Something that will be over in just three short years! I don’t know how I will cope for the rest of the year, but I’m sure it will be worth it in the long run.

I rolled out of bed and padded through my still dim room. I felt around the wall until my hand met with the light switch. I turned it on and I was instantly blinded. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, my god now I know why I have to wake up so early! I turned my shower to the hottest possible temperature. Taking off my pajamas I stepped into the shower. The water burned my back just a little, but it felt good.

It’s sophomore year and I have my own car. I have a stud-muffin boyfriend Vladimir and an awesome group of friends. This year I will be on the cheer squad (no freshman allowed!) and I will be at the top of my class. It seems like hard work, but for someone as socially poised and talented as me...it will be a piece of low-fat, gluten-free, organic vegan cake.

Here I am, at school. No longer a bottom of the food chain freshman; but rather a somewhat insignificant sophomore.

**********************************************************************************************************

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?”

“My aapologiesMiss. Silverton, but your tryout was not satisfactory so you will not be on the squad this year. Try again next year sweetie!”

“O...o...okay. Thank you for your time Coach Goldman.”

So, I guess I won’t be on the cheerleading squad after all. But this will not be forgotten and I won’t back down quietly, I thought. I ran to my two best friends: Delilah and Brittany. I told them all about how I hadn’t made the squad Brittany empathized but Delilah seemed almost like she was expecting this, all she said was that it wasn’t the end of the world. Oh, and that she had made it onto the cheer squad. I don’t know how to take this. Oh well, they have been my friends forever, if I can’t trust them who can I trust?

Delilah is a sweet girl; she is simple but wonderful in her own way. She takes a lot of criticism but she is so comfortable in her own skin that she barely noticed it. She is a pretty girl and she has a great fashion sense. Her only flaw is that she tries too hard to control everything and make her life as perfect as possible. It stresses her out, you can always tell when she is trying to fix things. I think that she feels like if she can make even one small aspect of her life perfect then the rest will be okay. But...she is only human.

Now Brittany on the other hand has enough energy for our entire grade. She bounces happily around school chatting with everyone. She doesn’t care what people think and she just wants to have fun. She loves to play sports and be outside. It’s like she can barely contain all of her energy so she has to let it out in every way shape and form. Though, she is the type of person who you really wouldn’t want to mess with.

The three of us has been inseparable since pre-school. I love them dearly and I couldn’t imagine living without them. This year might be tough but with my three best friends and boyfriend Vladimir I’ll be aye okay. But I do feel a bit bad for Delilah. I have Vladimir and Brittany had Charlie, but she has no one to love her. I can’t imagine why though, she is the prettiest, most loving, deep, caring, and real person in our grade. I would say that that is me but I know myself way too well for that.

Three Months Later

Dear Diary,

Delilah Brooks is now TOP on my hit list. She has been such a total dog to me! She even stole my boyfriend. I mean he did ask her out after I dumped him. But still there is a rule about that! I know that I said she was awesome and stuff but now I can’t even remember my reasons for saying that. What and ever that girl is so dead to me. I will get my revenge, even if it kills me. I know exactly how I’m going to make that girls life miserable as well. I will leave flyers with one juicy gossip bit on it each day in the girl’s bathroom (no video cameras). Then each day the girls will go in and read it. Then they will spread the information to everyone that they know. I’m so brilliant, I should be on top!

-xoxo a very mad Mandy

Day One:
The Truth About Delilah Brooks

#1: She rigged the system for class president elections. You are all being lead by an imposter!

-A very credible source