Sarah

Author's note: I decided to write this piece when my Creative Writing teacher told us to create an exciting...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I decided to write this piece when my Creative Writing teacher told us to create an exciting mystery.
Even though it didn't quite turn out like a mystery, it is still my favorite story i have written so far.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 Next »

Mary Zuckerman

I rolled out of bed the next morning and clumsily ambled down the stairs. I got my cup of coffee from the kitchen and went to Sarah’s room.
“Sarah sweetie?” I shook her gently.
“Yes mommy?” She yawned as her eyes fluttered open. Such a beautiful baby blue.
“Time to get up for school.”
“Okay mommy.” She threw off the covers and slid out of bed in her SpongeBob pajamas. That little thing was perfect in every way. I walked over to her closet and pulled out a sky blue jumper, a white shirt and socks with the lace around the ankle. I got her dressed and then pulled her blonde curls into pigtails, then tied matching sky blue ribbons around both.
“All ready for school girlie.” I smiled and she smirked back.
I walked her out to the bus stop, and just as the bus pulled up I kissed her forehead. My baby.
I love you, I thought.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Elizabeth Lowe said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:58 am
Amie, this story is very well written. I'm not ordinarily into mysteries but you had me hooked ─ I found myself turning page after page to read what would happen next. As a former reporter and editor, it's my opinion that you have very promising writing skills.