New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Sarah

Author's note: I decided to write this piece when my Creative Writing teacher told us to create an exciting...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I decided to write this piece when my Creative Writing teacher told us to create an exciting mystery.
Even though it didn't quite turn out like a mystery, it is still my favorite story i have written so far.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30

Olivia Brown

The news caught me by surprise. I never suspected Eddie could do such a thing. His only excuse was that he did it for me. As soon as I heard that I decided that all at once I hated him.
At Eddie’s trial I met Jim Brown. He was sitting by himself, taking it all in. He looked lonely so I sat with him.
He told me all about himself at dinner that night. His wife had died of cancer five years ago and his son became his world. When Bruce went missing, his entire world came crashing down around him.
That night I fell in love with the courageous, caring, amazing man Jim Brown was. Two months after Eddie was sentenced, we got a divorce.
A year later, I married the actual love of my life, Jim. I love his son Bruce too, like my own. Although Jim says he hasn’t been the same since the kidnapping and everything that happened with Sarah.
After Dave Zuckerman realized that Jim was the father of Bruce, the last person who had talked to his daughter, He made a real effort to become Jim’s friend. They are best friends. Dave and Mary are like family. So is their baby Sam. I babysit him all the time.
After a few months of being best friends, Jim was promoted to a partner in Dave’s Business, now called The B&Z Luxury Hotel Chain.
For a year or so after Eddie’s trial, I had dreams about the little girl Eddie killed. Sarah. She was crying, begging me for help and I always tried but I could never get to her. I woke up crying and screaming every night. As time passed, they became more and more rare and I haven’t had one in a while.
Jim and I are expecting. I’m starting to show bad. It’s going to be little girl. I’m naming her Sarah.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Elizabeth Lowe said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:58 am:
Amie, this story is very well written. I'm not ordinarily into mysteries but you had me hooked ─ I found myself turning page after page to read what would happen next. As a former reporter and editor, it's my opinion that you have very promising writing skills.