New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Sarah

Author's note: I decided to write this piece when my Creative Writing teacher told us to create an exciting...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I decided to write this piece when my Creative Writing teacher told us to create an exciting mystery.
Even though it didn't quite turn out like a mystery, it is still my favorite story i have written so far.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30 Next »

Dave Zuckerman

I took a deep breath as I sat down in the chair of my big corporate office. Ahhh…. It felt good to be here. The top of the top. I look over at the picture of two people on my desk. Sarah, my daughter, is adorable. With those big blue eyes I can’t say no to and that bubbly personality. Then I turn my focus to the other person in the picture. The love of my life. My beautiful wife, Mary. She had gorgeous blonde curls that hung down on her chest, much like Sarah’s. Sparkling brown eyes and a wonderful smile rested on her perfectly angelic face. That’s just what she was. Angelic. Oh Mary. I love you Mary.
Then my assistant, Mr. Brown burst into the room. “Dave can you look over these papers for me please?” He shuffled through his messy folder, spreading papers all over my desk. Mr. Brown was such a disorganized man. His balding hair always a strew. The bags under his eyes seemed permanent, like he hadn’t had a full night sleep in years. His tie was always crooked, his shoes always untied, and his glasses always aslant. Don’t get me wrong, he was a nice guy, he was just…. Weird.
He looked at me puzzled, “Dave?”
I snapped back to reality, “Oh yes, sure. I can look over those for you.”
He handed me the papers and walked out. Then I began thinking. What was his first name? Tim? Jim? Something like that. What did I really know about him? I thought, I think he has a wife and maybe a son. Oh well. Who honestly cared? Not me.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Elizabeth Lowe said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:58 am:
Amie, this story is very well written. I'm not ordinarily into mysteries but you had me hooked ─ I found myself turning page after page to read what would happen next. As a former reporter and editor, it's my opinion that you have very promising writing skills.