KIDNAPPED

Author's note: It's a vampire novel with a twist
Author's note: It's a vampire novel with a twist  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

REMIND ME AGAIN WHY I WAS SO STUPID?

It was a quiet walk home to number four Elliott Street. There was nobody to walk with, and I didn’t see anyone as I walked. When I got to the terrace house with the peeling paint and half a doorbell, I pulled my keys from my bag and selected thee right one. Nobody was home although it was to be expected at this time. I let myself in and found a note on the wobbly table.

Tasha
I won’t be back tonight. There should be some food in the fridge. I should be back
dedicated to lou lou for her awesomeness
tomorrow morning. If not, go to school, don’t skive. And try and do your homework for once please
Yasmin

Ha. For once. I always handed my homework in on time. Well, usually. Like she cared anyway. I was used to Yasmin doing this. She was my sister, if you hadn’t guessed. My parents are killed in a car accident, my Grandmother dies... and lucky me, I get to live with my oh-so-fun big sister. Brilliant. At least I have somebody. There are plenty of people who have nobody. No roof over their heads, no food on the table. Talking of food, I went over to the fridge and opened it. Ah. It looked like I didn’t have food at the moment either. Oh well, I wasn’t hungry and even if I had been, I wouldn’t have minded. I wasn’t the type to stuff myself full of food. I preferred to stay slim, but not anorexic. No offence to anorexic people.
So. There I was with an empty fridge and an empty house. Feeling deflated, I went upstairs and put some music on whilst I did some homework to distract myself. It worked for about half an hour, and then I began to feel absolutely bored silly. I took a glance out the window. It wasn’t dark, but not middle-of-the-day sunny either and it was about half past six. Feeling a plan forming, I decided to take a walk. After all, what harm could it do me?
The road was calm, still and completely quiet except for the distant noises of the main city which you could always hear, no matter what time of the day or night it was. I pulled the hood up on my zip up hoody against the light autumn breeze which seemed to take everything with it. Wearing my black heeled ankle boots, skinny black jeans, hoody and plain black vest top I fitted in with anybody else, and after a few streets my feet seemed to sink into a steady rhythmic pattern. Da-dum-da-dum-da-dum-da-dum-da-dum..... My mind was completely blank.
After about fifteen minutes of utter blank mindedness, I came across a little park. It had a small roundabout, a see-saw and swings which swung in the breeze and made a squeaky sound. It was like a scene from a movie, or maybe the park in Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban? I was the only person there, and settled on a park bench at the end next to where children were sometimes playing football when I walked past during the day.
I don’t actually know how long I sat on that bench thinking things over. Maybe it was minutes or hours, but by the time I came out of my thoughts, I realised it was pitch black apart from the flickering street lamps. Not good. Whilst this was a relatively safe area of Bradford, you have no idea who or what could be lurking in the shadows. I stood up before I could scare myself to the point of terror. I was being stupid. I was seventeen, and all of a sudden I was afraid of the dark? Wow.
The wind had begun to get pretty bitter, and I pulled my hoody tighter around myself. The wind still seemed as though it got right into my bones, and I began to shiver quietly. I looked down at the road as I walked, fingering the cross that hung around my neck. It had been my Mum’s.
Suddenly, a shadow crossed my path. Or did it? Was I just imagining things? No, I definitely wasn’t. The shadow crossed mine again, and it was very fast. I thought I could just make out that it was the shape of a figure before it went again. “Hello?” I asked the darkness. Stupid. It was the bit in the movie where the baddie is waiting in the shadows and you’re screaming at the screen, telling the victim to run away and hide. But she doesn’t, and you sit on the edge of your seat, waiting for her to meet her death. Pure fear shot through my body and I was no longer cold, just terrified.
A figure stepped out of the shadows. There was no mistake this time. From what I could make of the silhouette, he was tall with broad shoulders but he was most definitely not fat. He stepped closer, and through the dim light from the street lamp I could see that he was also muscular with defined cheek bones. Wait. Shouldn’t I have been running? Yes, I should have been. So why wasn’t I? My feet immediately sprang into action, and I sprinted about five metres before hands caught me from behind. One hand around the waist and one around my mouth, stopping me from screaming. Yep, I was most definitely going to die.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Lespri said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:12 am:
Hi! We clearly have alot of the same ideas if you read my article "The Lost and the Living" you will find it very similiar!

J1029This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16, 2012 at 11:25 am:
When I first started I thought it would be stupid, but it was good. I didn't like the way he kissed her though. That was too quick. He should have slowly started to like her instead of just coming out right away. Other than that you should keep writing it. P.S good descriptions