New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Gift of Ashling

Author's note: I had a dream when i was four yaers old and there was a boy in my dream and i ended up meeting...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I had a dream when i was four yaers old and there was a boy in my dream and i ended up meeting him 9 years later he is now my best friend. I told my grandmother about it and she too had dreams similar she told me about the story of the Irish second sight and it inspired me to write about it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Here and today

Completely inexplicable, the things i see when i close my eyes and go to sleep cannot be fathomed. I sometimes wonder how is it possible for these dreams to actually be happening, but they do and i hate to sit there and watch them unravel. Ever since i was four years old i have had odd dreams and as a child my parents passed them off as being the pure and playful mind of my adolescent days.However, as i grew older i began to understand and more frequently see the correlation in these dreams. There is something odd about The way i see the world , i see it as a world trapped inside of a world even more detrimental then the one we know. I'm afraid to speak up, they will think I'm crazy send me to a hospital, but if they could only see the world through my eyes they would realize what It is that plagues my thoughts everyday.

My parents adopted me from Dublin , Ireland when i was sixteen months old. My father is a business man and was transferred to Dublin because of his work my mother is a sweet fun loving all American lady who longed for a child that she could not have. While in Dublin my mother came across a catholic orphanage , there she met me an abandoned baby girl. The Nuns told her I was left behind and no one knew who my parents were. The nuns called me Eva , but my mom knew i was an Ashling which means dream or vision in Irish. My mother told me i looked like the baby girl she always wanted, like the one in her dreams henceforth the name Ashling. My mother and father wasted no time in adopting me and by the time i was almost four we were scheduled to move again this time to a small town called Droom, Massachusetts.

Here and Droom i have spent most of my life. Droom is populated with people of Dutch Heritage Most of which who have learned to speak dutch. i Remember when i was little my dad use to tell me when he would tuck me in "en droom zacht."(sweet dreams) he picked up some dutch when we moved to droom. Ironically Droom means dream in Dutch, someone or something had a plan for me sending me here. And to think all of these dreams began with a dream of her beauty voice and a glimpse of a butterfly.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »