New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Stuck in the Past

Stuck in the Past

Jillian H.
Stuck in the Past
Summary: Zoanna Blaine Teele is your everyday, ultra popular, supermodel-gorgeous sophomore in high school living in the 31st century. She counts on only three things in the world: Looks, money and fame.
One day, she is suddenly betrayed and stripped violently of those very things that make her who she is. Now, she is forced into participating in a mysterious Urgent Call Program that goes desperately wrong. Will Zoe complete her mission in time and discover herself along the way? Or will she be trapped in the Program…forever?

Vena Richards is one of the few students at TechBurrow High living off a full scholarship. Her plan: get through school without being noticed. Her strategy suddenly backfires when her path is crossed by the all-powerful Zoanna Teele, making Vena’s life miserable. Then, Zoe suddenly goes missing after being Called into one of the schools’ top-secret Programs. When Vena finds out vital information that could save Zoe, will she help? Or will she go along with the rest of the school and be glad Zoanna is gone?

_Kristen_ said...
Dec. 24, 2012 at 9:57 am:
WHERE IS THE REST???? I'm sitting there, reading, and then, right when a awesome new concept is introduced, nothing!!! You have to continue writing this! I read all 7 chapters, and don't want that to have been wasted! Seriously though- You have a gift with words. This should be a novel. I would buy it. This should be published, cuz it's so amazing.

CarrieAnn13 said...

(Sorry it took me a long time to get back to you on the feedback for feedback thing.)

Okay, I have a bit of criticism.

1.  People can get that Zoanna is spoiled without you having to beat them over the head about it.  Trust in your readers; from the way she acts around her father, they'll get the point.

2.  Paragraph more often.  Huge chunks of writing cause readers to skip over your paragraphs, so try to make them a bit shorter.

T... (more »)

Mystiecub said...

DUDE

WHERE. IS. THE. REST?

Seriously, this is REALLY good! I'm dying to know what happens next! :D!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:32 am:
I only had time to read the first chapter, but I really like this story. I love the sci-fi feel to it with all the gadgets, and the voice of the character is very appropriate. Great job. If I have time later, I'll finish the rest. :)

JillianNora replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 5:06 pm :
Thank you:) I'm glad you like it

RayBaytheDinosaurThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a pretty awesome work! Keep writing more I'd love to read it =D

JillianNora replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 11:25 pm :
Thanks for reading:) And I'll post more as soon as I can!

TheFutureAwaits said...
A great novel overall! I really liked the language of the book. Nicely done!

JillianNora replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 11:25 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it:)

milforce said...
Oh my God, you have to write more or your gonna kill me! I love this, it's amazing! You really do a great job of portraying personalities, especially Zoe's. Awesome job!

JillianNora replied...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 11:05 pm :
Thank you so much! That really means a lot. I'll keep uploading chapters as quickly as I can write them:)

applesauceHater said...
oooh i luv it!!! hope you write more. I didn t stop reading from sentence one. I loved the future part with all the col technology. Kinda hope we do have that in the future!:)I say this to people who have it=u got good sentence fluency and grammer! i've read some that don't so yeah=)you write really well and i hope you continue with it.

JillianNora replied...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 10:22 pm :
Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it aas much as Ienjoyed writing it:)