Of Happiness

Author's note: I wish people who read this short novel get a chance to think about what it means to be happy.
Author's note: I wish people who read this short novel get a chance to think about what it means to be happy.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »

6.

Cats were fun-loving creatures. We didn’t attack secretively at night. What was the fun in that? Seeing humans run around not knowing what to do about us was one of the most amusing things to watch.
We arrived at the fish market and started our raid. Each cat, with a tuna or a cod in its mouth, did its part successfully in making the place an absolute mess. I was about to head back to the alley, after laughing heartily at the hopeless owner of the shop, when I spotted a familiar face from inside the store. It was the little girl who had patted my head a few days ago, the one with sad eyes. So she was his daughter.
“You! Gotcha!”
Oh no.
There was no other cat in sight. I could not believe the cats seriously abandoned me here. I was too distracted by the little girl to notice the owner’s thick hands about to grab me, and now I was caught, caught like a fish. How foolish of me.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Seyoung K. said...
this is definitely awesome! it makes me think so much about life