Of Happiness

Author's note: I wish people who read this short novel get a chance to think about what it means to be happy.
Author's note: I wish people who read this short novel get a chance to think about what it means to be happy.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »

4.

I had rich, dark fur. Of all the chaps in the sky alley, I was the most popular, with my thick, black coat that didn’t allow even the slightest hint of lightness. That was most likely the reason that I had never tormented myself with unrequited love before, because I was always desired. But today, the little girl had shaken me up. I could not stop thinking about her. She was so blue. She had the eyes of an adult but she should not have had them.
It was not just her appearance of distress that irritated me. To tell the truth, there was likely no one else who should have understood the meaning of her eyes better than I did. It was so similar to how mine had looked in the past, when I was little, hopeless and dreamless. I did not want to admit our similarities, and yet, I could not help but care. Did she not have anyone either, like me? No friends and no family? Was she lonely?

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Seyoung K. said...
this is definitely awesome! it makes me think so much about life