Running Roads

Author's note: I thought of this novel, and randomly decided to start writing. My inspiration comes from my...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I thought of this novel, and randomly decided to start writing. My inspiration comes from my mind..., and that's why I am writing it.

I hope you all get that you can't run away from situations. You have to deal with it, because most likely you'll end up in a worse situation.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter Two

Xavier's apartment is big and spacey. The furnisher is very elegant and makes the space seem very family friendly. The main color is peach and white with hints of red in other areas. He has a livingroom, kitchen, dining room, three-bedrooms and two bathrooms.

I grab my suitcase and pull it to the couch as Xavier locks the door behind him. "Thank you for letting me stay here." I smile towards Xavier, and he nods his head. "Where's the bathroom? I want to shower." I flip the suitcase open and yank out a pair of Hello Kitty pajamas and a matching set of lingerie (I've always worn lingerie to sleep, not just for Xavier).

"Down the hall. And those are pretty sexy." He whispers, kissing my ear softly. I grin, and brush my hand over Xavier's head. "Want to use those tonight?" Xavier bites my ear softly and I can feel him grinning.

"I have school in the morning, excuse me."

Standing up, I wink at Xavier before heading down the hallway. I push open a door to the left and flip on the light. Yup, this is the bathroom. The floor is stone with a huge white shower and bath in the corner, a long kitchen counter along the wall. A door is shut, so I figure the toilet is in there or it is just a storage closet. A long mirror hangs along the wall in front of the sink.

My skin is caramel, and I have pretty black hair. I have pretty blue eyes along with a beautiful, white smile. My ears are pierced with three holes, and I also have a belly ring (something my parent's still don't know about). My cousin, Tiny, let me get it when I was with her at the mall when I was 13. I have a Tinkerbell belly-ring in it.

Sighing, I run my fingers through my hair and stare at myself in the mirror. After a minute, I turn around and begin to strip out of my clothes. I go over to the shower and turn it on to warm. The water shoots out of the jets and down my my face and over my entire body.

After I finish showering, I step out onto the floor and let the water drip down my body. I grab a towel from the towel rack and pull it around my body. My eyes roam around the bathroom, searching for some lotion. A bottle of lotion is resting on the sink counter. I go over and pick it up and squirt some on my hand. I lotion up my entire body and then I pull on my lingerie set and then my pajamas.

The water from my hair drips down my back, and I sigh. "Damn it." I mumble, grabbing my hair and pulling it into a ponytail. There is a knock on the door. "Yes?" I call out, picking up my towel and rag and toss it into the hamper next to me.

Xavier's head peeks around the door. "You done?"

"Yes." I walk to him and smile. "I could get used to this." He rolls his eyes, but leans forward and places a heavy kiss on my lips. "Do you have a laptop? I need to talk to my best friend...I forgot my phone at my parent's house."

His face drops for a second. "Yes...why can't I just take you over there when your parent's aren't home?" I stare at Xavier and his face is dead serious. "I mean...you technically aren't legal to be living with me, Maria. So, I think it is a bad idea for anybody to know you are here."

"Maddie already knows I left home." I mumble, leaning against the doorway. "You can take me to go get my phone tomorrow, but I need to talk to Maddie, so do you have a laptop?" Xavier takes a deep breath, and then turns around and walks down the hall.

I follow after him quietly, afraid that he is mad. He goes into a larger room and I follow behind him. I guess this is the Master Bedroom. The bed is King-sized and there is matching white interior. A huge bay window overlooks a long lake and a beautiful garden. Xavier grabs a white Macbook from his bed and shoves it in my direction. "You can sleep in Guestroom tonight...and put my laptop in the livingroom when you're done."

"Thanks...are you mad at me?"

Xavier's lips pull up into a tiny smile. "No, baby. Goodnight." He presses his lips against mines in a passionate kiss. His hands roam to my waist and he pulls on my lip softly. Pulling away from me, he kisses my forehead before motioning me out of the room.

**

Maddie's eyes widen as I focus the webcam around the room. "Damn. That place is dope!" She grins, staring at the picture on her screen. I nod my head, crossing my legs into the Indian Position. "What's his name again? Danny?"

"No! Xavier. He is really sweet, Mad...don't tell my parent's you talked to me." I bite my lip, thinking about how my parent's will be freaking out when they realize I am gone.

"I'm not a good liar, Maria. Let me just tell them you are okay. And where is your phone?"

"I forgot it! Are you going to school tomorrow?"

Maddie nods her head. I've know Maddie since we were babies. We are more like sisters than best friends, and we literally do pretty much everything together. She has pale skin, with blonde hair and blue highlights. Her eyes are black and her lips are a light pink. "Have Xavier bring you to school tomorrow...I want to see what that fine ass man look like." She grins.

I toss my head back and roll my eyes. "Whatever, whore!" I laugh. "I don't know if I'm coming tomorrow though...maybe I'll start online school or something. Because what if my parents come there looking for me?" I point out.

"Oh...right. Well, can I come there after school?"

"I guess. But Xavier don't want you to know where we are at."

"Why not!?"

"I don't know. Because I am underage." I mumble, biting my lip.

"How old is he?"

I blink my eyes a few times, contemplating on telling her the truth. Realizing she'll find out regardless, I decide to tell her the truth. "He is twenty-two. But don't freak Mad, he is sweet and I'll be eighteen in two years! We are getting married then." I force a fake grin, trying to get Maddie out of her state of shock.

She looks towards her bedroom door and mumbles a few words before glancing back at me. "The hell, Maria! He is twenty-two and you are sixteen! Major difference, hun. He can go to jail if you two get caught...you have to let me come over."

"No, Maddie! Don't tell, and I know. That is why nobody can know...please?" I stutter, afraid that Maddie may snitch on me.

Maddie takes a deep breath and sucks in her cheek. "Fine. I have to go...be careful, babe." She ends the video-call and I sigh. Shutting the laptop, I stand up and shuffle out into the livingroom. I set the laptop down on the coffee table and plop down on the couch.

I pull my knees up to my chin and think about this whole situation. What is wrong with me being with Xavier? I will be eighteen in a few years, and then nobody can say anything. It's not even that bad considering other people's underage relationships. Xavier is super sweet, loving and cares for me...he's tried nothing and he is only the best boyfriend that I've ever had. Is that so hard for everybody to see?

Is it so hard for them to see that I'm in love?
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Naomi__ said...
OMG! This is ah-may-zing! <3 You are a wonderful writer, pleaseeeee finish. :)