Teen Ink's exclusive interview with George Lucas George Lucas Interview George Lucas Video

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13
Romeo and Juliet--A Parody
Summary: Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

This book has 207 comments. Post your own now!

ritabelle511 said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 9:55 am
I love your parody :) I found myself smiling at all of the subtle references to the play that you threw in - Cat = Tybalt, the balcony scene, etc. It was pleasantly humorous and cleverly written! :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks for the comment, ritabelle511!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody.  :)

CarsonFaircloth said...

Hello! I just wanted to return the read you made on Black Dawn.

This was an amusing read, and one that kept me quite entertained. You didn't have many spelling or grammar mistakes---almost none---and the slight humor in this that I caught kept the story fresh and renewed.

All in all? Great work!

~Carson

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks, CarsonFaircloth!  I'm glad you like my parody. :)  Again, thanks for the feedback!

Medina D. said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 10:38 am
Hi Carrie :) i loved the humor in this story, though i noticed how each chapter got shorter and shorter. I wished the story was longer. I noticed 1 or 2 spelling mistakes also. But overall, i DID like this parody :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks for feedback, Medina D.  Where did I make spelling mistakes, though?

Medina D. replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:15 am
i only found 2. Favourite (i wasnt sure if you meant to spell it that way) and i THOUGHT you spelled nobly wrong but I was wrong. I'm sorry :S

CarrieAnn13 replied...
That's okay.  But Medina, I'm Canadian (eh?).  Up here we spell 'favorite' 'favourite.'  It's you Americans that keep spelling it wrong! ;)

Sweet_Deceit said...

Ahahahaha, this is just classic, and in the most original way, haha! Very amusing. I agree with introducingshelby that the dialogue is wonderful, and the whole concept is so new!

The only criticism I have is that it seems to get off to a shaky start, and some of the action seems plain and forced. 'Course, I can see how an avid reader of Romeo and Juiet would see it differently, but to someone who's pretty much just aquainted with the basis of the story, I ju... (more »)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks for the comment, Sweet_Deceit.  I know, my parody is a little random, but that's just my kind of quirky humour.  Thank you for the criticism too; I'll definitely keep it in mind next time I write.

Tink1350 said...
Great job. this is HILARIOUSLY WRITTEN and i love the polt. Shakesphere following them and writing the story is really interesting. And I was wondering ifnyou could read and rate and comment on my book please!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks for the comment, Tink1350!  And sure, I'll read, rate and comment on your book.

introducingshelby said...
The dialouge that you've written in this novel.. it's HILARIOUS. I love the way it plays out, and the plot is really, really clever. I'm still yet on the first chapter, and I haven't any suggestions yet! Thumbs up c:

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks, introducingshelby!  I really appreciate the time you're taking to read my novel.  And yes, I like to think my dialogue is the best part of the novel. :)

ChelzRulz said...
I love it!!!  I thought it was so creative especially how Shakespeare is watching- so clever!  Also, love modern teenage era twist .  The only thing I'd say is to make your sentences stronger- more characterization too.  Great job!  I enjoyed it :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...

Thanks, Chelzrulz!  I appreciate the time you took to read my novel. 

I know my characterization wasn't very strong (I did write this in only five hours) and in the future I'll fix that.  But how do you think I should make my sentences stronger?

ArgonElement replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:46 am
First time I ever saw Romeo being creepy. Awesome!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks! :)  Romeo isn't creepy in the original, but he comes off that way to the modern reader.

musicalmolly said...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 9:46 am

Hilarious! If this was the version of Romeo and Juliet that we read in my English 1 class, I would have enjoyed it much more. I like your idea of not describing them to have people keep their original image. The beginning was a little confusing to me, and I only caught on when you told us who the mysterious stranger was in the shrubs (William Shakespeare). I didn't understand the Miranda and Betty part until you explained it in the comments. That was very clever of you. And I liked the whole ... (more »)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks so much, musicalmolly!  I appreciate the time you took to read my novel and I apologize for the Shakespeare parts being confusing, but this was my very first submission.  I wish they had kept the italic format I had.