New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13
Romeo and Juliet--A Parody
Summary: Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

writer_girl15 said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 10:52 am:

soo much fun! i love it!! i love how you have shakespeare come to this time period to get the idea for Romeo and Juliet. Very good.

one minor comment. in the epilogue, it say juliet gradutated from university. maybe should be 'a' university, or give it a name. but that's the only thing i found! great job!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm :
Thanks, writer_girl15!  I promise I'll watch out for your submissions as well.  I should have already had two of my short stories (historical fiction and realistic fiction) approved, but the editors are taking forever.

writer_girl15 replied...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 10:59 am :
thanx you :) will keep eye out for your stuff. i think i have emails coming when you contribute stuff, so i shouldnt miss it!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:05 am :
Thanks so much!  I have an email alert on you as well and I can't wait to read your stories. :)

writer_girl15 replied...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:14 am :
yeaa! my spy one finally posted! im happy. hope u like :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:18 am :
I just commented on it. :)  Do you think you could comment on some more of my book reviews?  They're fairly short.  I'd really appreciate it!

writer_girl15 replied...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 2:16 pm :
yup :) will do

Nadia6991 said...
Jun. 23, 2011 at 9:42 pm:

"I love you[,] Juliet."

"I love you too, Paris."

I feel that the beginning of the story was very "olden days" (like romeo and Juliet time) but on in the story, it's gets modernized. Is that suppose to happen, because i got very confused as to what age i was in....

AHAHA (: It's funny when the dad starts loading his gun, my dad is so like that with boys (:

what kind of boy's name is Paris? I like it! It's unique :D

WO... (more »)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 23, 2011 at 9:46 pm :

Thanks for the comment, Nadia6991!  Sorry I didn't make it clear Shakespeare was following Romeo and Juliet, but this was my first submission.  I originally had it in italics, but that got lost in the copying and pasting process.  In the play, 'Paris' is the name of Juliet's other suitor. 

And yeah, my dad is like that with boys too, so I added that part in!  That's probably what would happen if I had a boyfriend and brought him to meet my family! :)

TwasBrilling said...
Jun. 23, 2011 at 9:34 pm:
This is a really cool story! I love the idea of Shakesphere watching them, and getting the idea for the story!! Great writing!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 23, 2011 at 9:41 pm :
Thanks for commenting, TwasBrilling!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody. :)

kkkkanabelkkkk said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 9:36 pm:
haha Carrie this is awesome :) it exactly what i was thinking when i read the story. my friend and i would make fun of romeo for being a stalker. haha i love your voice too, and how youthrow will in there. great job :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 9:40 pm :
Thanks, kkkkanabelkkkk!  When we read it in English, everyone was saying Romeo was a stalker, so that was a huge inspiration for me.  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody! :)

ritabelle511 said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 9:55 am:
I love your parody :) I found myself smiling at all of the subtle references to the play that you threw in - Cat = Tybalt, the balcony scene, etc. It was pleasantly humorous and cleverly written! :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 7:11 pm :
Thanks for the comment, ritabelle511!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody.  :)

CarsonFairclothThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 3:53 pm:

Hello! I just wanted to return the read you made on Black Dawn.

This was an amusing read, and one that kept me quite entertained. You didn't have many spelling or grammar mistakes---almost none---and the slight humor in this that I caught kept the story fresh and renewed.

All in all? Great work!

~Carson

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 7:15 pm :
Thanks, CarsonFaircloth!  I'm glad you like my parody. :)  Again, thanks for the feedback!

Medina D. said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 10:38 am:
Hi Carrie :) i loved the humor in this story, though i noticed how each chapter got shorter and shorter. I wished the story was longer. I noticed 1 or 2 spelling mistakes also. But overall, i DID like this parody :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 7:14 pm :
Thanks for feedback, Medina D.  Where did I make spelling mistakes, though?

Medina D. replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:15 am :
i only found 2. Favourite (i wasnt sure if you meant to spell it that way) and i THOUGHT you spelled nobly wrong but I was wrong. I'm sorry :S

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 7:12 pm :
That's okay.  But Medina, I'm Canadian (eh?).  Up here we spell 'favorite' 'favourite.'  It's you Americans that keep spelling it wrong! ;)