Teen Ink's exclusive interview with George Lucas George Lucas Interview George Lucas Video

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13
Romeo and Juliet--A Parody
Summary: Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

This book has 208 comments. Post your own now!

DinoNugget said...
Haha!  This was very funny!  I enjoyed the story very much.  Romeo as a creepy (pervert) stalker was very fitting.  Juliet's reaction to all of his antics was extremely realistic.  All in all, I loved this story.  Write on!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks so much, DinoNugget!  I got the idea of Romeo as a stalker from the reaction of my class when we read it.  Everyone was saying Romeo was a stalker, so I made him one!

DinoNugget replied...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 8:50 am
Now that I've thought about it, I realized that you left out Morcutio!!  He totally MADE the Shakespeare play.  Another thing is that if Cat was to by Tybalt in the play, shouldn't she have been all against the union of the two instead of being somewhat encouraging?  Those are the only two things I have a small problem with.  Other that that, it's good.

CarrieAnn13 replied...

Actually, I didn't leave them out.  Shakespeare's inspiration for Mercutio and Benvolio was the two Cat fought against, Miranda and Betty. 

And in my parody, no one opposes Romeo and Juliet being together, except for Juliet.  This is because everyone opposes their union in the play.  The Big Idea here was to see what would have happened if Romeo and Juliet had a chance to love openly.  I think their love progressed so quickly in the play because i... (more »)

JoPepper said...
I thought this was hilarious. 5 stars.  But there are a few things that should be fixed.  It took a while to figure out that the different perspective was Shakespeare.  I liked how you kept it in the dark that it was him.  But I think you should've put something like a line or dots to let us know it was someone  else.   And I was a little confused about the timeline.  At first you made it clear that it was recent times,  and then at the Epilogue someh... (more »)

CarrieAnn13 replied...

Thanks for the comment, JoPepper!  I apologize for not making it clear some sections were from Shakespeare's perspective, but this was my first submission.  In the original format, those passages were in italics, but I guess that format got lost in the copying and pasting process. 

I don't know how I was unclear about the timeline.  At the end of my novel, I very clearly have it that Shakespeare takes Romeo back to Medieval London with him.

JoPepper replied...
Oh whoops didn't notice that sorry.  Yeah I wish they would keep the italics in whenever we submit something!!!! I love your story!!! :D

JoPepper replied...
Sorry guess I read over that.  Yeah I wish they would keep the format we put our writing in.  I love your writing!!!!!! :D

areebaization said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 5:03 am
Better than orignal! 5 stars!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks, areebaization!  I can't believe you think it's better than the original (even though the original was just begging to be parodied).

areebaization replied...
The orignal was written in a very goofy language :P I read it all because I was forced to, ln my 5th grade :(

CarrieAnn13 replied...
5th grade?  I didn't read Romeo and Juliet until 8th grade.  Now that would be horrible, reading it so early.

areebaization replied...
I AGREE! I wish you could explain this to my english teacher :( anYway the  those days in agony passed :)

live.laugh.spaz said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 1:45 am
HAHAH this is great. it adds such a realistic perspective to the play :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks, live.laugh.spaz!  What do you mean when you say it 'adds such a realistic perspective to the play'?

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 12:12 am
This is amazing! I actually really love Romeo and Juliet, but your version is hilarious! You better keep writing! I love it! :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Aw, thanks Garnet77.  I have to admit I love the original too.  I'm amazed so many people like my parody.

WritingSpasms said...
I honestly and truly love this. You have no idea how much fun I had reading this! I'm usually not one to comment on parodies and such, but I thought this take on the classic Romeo and Juliet was hilarious! :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thank you so much, WritingSpasms!  This was the first parody I've ever written, to be honest.  I'm so glad you had fun reading ths; that's the point of parodies. :)

krarthurs said...
This was very cute and funny. Can't wait to read more!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks, krarthurs!  I'll have an article on bullying up in a week or so (it's 'pending approval'), if you want to look for that, that would be great.