New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13
Romeo and Juliet--A Parody
Summary: Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

areebaization said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 5:03 am:
Better than orignal! 5 stars!

areebaization replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm :
The orignal was written in a very goofy language :P I read it all because I was forced to, ln my 5th grade :(

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 1:32 pm :
5th grade?  I didn't read Romeo and Juliet until 8th grade.  Now that would be horrible, reading it so early.

areebaization replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm :
I AGREE! I wish you could explain this to my english teacher :( anYway the  those days in agony passed :)

live.laugh.spaz said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 1:45 am:
HAHAH this is great. it adds such a realistic perspective to the play :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 12:34 pm :
Thanks, live.laugh.spaz!  What do you mean when you say it 'adds such a realistic perspective to the play'?

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 12:12 am:
This is amazing! I actually really love Romeo and Juliet, but your version is hilarious! You better keep writing! I love it! :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 12:36 pm :
Aw, thanks Garnet77.  I have to admit I love the original too.  I'm amazed so many people like my parody.

WritingSpasms said...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 8:40 pm:
I honestly and truly love this. You have no idea how much fun I had reading this! I'm usually not one to comment on parodies and such, but I thought this take on the classic Romeo and Juliet was hilarious! :)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 8:43 pm :
Thank you so much, WritingSpasms!  This was the first parody I've ever written, to be honest.  I'm so glad you had fun reading ths; that's the point of parodies. :)

krarthurs said...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 4:53 pm:
This was very cute and funny. Can't wait to read more!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 5:34 pm :
Thanks, krarthurs!  I'll have an article on bullying up in a week or so (it's 'pending approval'), if you want to look for that, that would be great.

xelawriter97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 29, 2011 at 6:08 pm:
Haha this is great except for this sentence: "There were glowing lights all along the street, which the man was transfixed by. It was dusk, but the streetlights were already on." You repeated stuff about the streetlights and it made the setting a little confusing, but the rest was hilarious. KEEP WRITING!!!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
May 29, 2011 at 6:15 pm :
Thanks, xelawriter97!  I really appreciate you pointing out my mistakes.

sorlageal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:21 pm :
Awesome, loved how Cat was Tybalt, very witty. The whole thing was tongue in cheek, reminded me of Monty Python.  

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:02 pm :

Thanks, sorlageal!  I honestly can't say I was inspired by Monty Python, because I've never watched any of those skits/movies.  My actual inspiration for the tongue-in-cheek humour was Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 

Cat was Tybalt because when I read the play, in the margin there was a note about how 'Tybalt' was a another name for 'cat' when Shakespeare wrote the play.

Erecura replied...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 8:44 pm :
I liked it! My only suggestion is to slow it down a bit, it all seems to be happening very fast. Other than that I loved it. It made me laugh really hard!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:39 pm :
Thanks for commenting! :)

MarisaCoulterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 29, 2012 at 12:26 pm :
I had to read Romeo and Juliet in school, and since I am not big on that kind of romance, I didn't like it very much. Reading this parody made me laugh so hard! It made my day.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Sept. 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm :
That's good.  I'm glad I made you laugh! :)