The Ire In Viremia

Author's note: I had the idea at a sleepover with my friends.
Author's note: I had the idea at a sleepover with my friends.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 Next »

Kidnapped

Georgia Borvolo’s short blonde hair was shining like gold in the afternoon sun. Her eyes were a comfortable chocolate brown that just made her husband melt under her gaze. Her skin was smooth and creamy like the froth on a cup of coffee, which, by the way, she would kill to have one right now from having been up basically all night. Her lips were full and pink, turned up in a sad smile as she waved farewell to her husband as he drove off in a blue Ford Fiesta, heading to the school at which he worked at.
Her six-year-old daughter, Mervie, had her same fair coloured tresses that hung in perfect ponytails on each side, just as she had requested from her mother. She had also inherited Georgia’s eyes, which were even deeper then hers, and looked like orbs of Nutella. She had a toothy grin between red lips after drinking raspberry cordial all day, and she retained the whitest teeth you had ever seen; they were practically glowing as she beamed at her daddy.
He was leaving for work and would not be back in months when he could come back for the holidays. They would both miss him, but they would manage with just the two of them, while he would feel lost without his family, but they needed the money, so he worked. Georgia was lucky, in a way, because her job wasn’t so far from home, and it had a decent wage as well, so she could pay for someone to babysit her little angel.
Georgia flicked a strand of hair behind her ear, which poked out like a spike, which was usually what happened when you had elf blood in you.
Her husband had rounded the corner, and the roar of the car was fading into the distance.
She was just about to withdraw to her cool air-conditioned house and surprise Mervie by making a fresh batch of chocolate-chip cookies, when someone grabbed her forcefully and rammed a black bag over her head.
She was blind and disoriented by the suddenness, but she felt the man’s rough hands on her arms, leading her in a direction she wasn’t sure of.
She heard Mervie shrieking at her side, and she knew that her beloved daughter was receiving the same abuse, and it killed her inside.
The screams stopped abruptly as one of the goons hit the child unconscious and tears welled up in Georgia’s eyes at the thought of them hurting her baby. The tears soaked the bag and made her eyelashes sticky.
Anger soon replaced her fear and sorrow, and she lashed out at the men, kicking and flailing about, cursing and trying to bite through the course material. Anything to cause them damage, for she knew she could never win this fight, and doing anything was better than letting them take her away silently.
One of the men swore loudly as she managed to sink her teeth into his wrist, and kicked her in the back of her knee, making her sag in his arms.
She continued to fight, but he was much stronger, and overpowered her.
He soon got tired of her antics and she felt something hard smash into her head, and a pang of skull-splitting pain enveloped her mind before everything went black.
...
Mr Borvolo smiled to himself at the picture of his loving wife and daughter waving to him as he drove away.
He was always sad to leave them, but the picture of their last meeting kept him going. He stored it away in his mind for later reflection, and it was almost like a photo album in his head that he could flip through.
His phone beeped unexpectedly, and he picked it up.
He grinned when he saw the caller ID. It was Georgia, obviously missing him already.
He held the phone to his ear.
‘Hey Georgie, miss me?’ he sang into the receiver, his heart full.
‘Your wife and child are being held captive,’ a gravelly voice replied, getting straight to the point with not an ounce of delaying.
Arktik froze, smile wiped from his face, replaced with a horror-struck expression, mouth popped open, eyes wide and everything.
He recovered. ‘Who is this?’ he roared. ‘What have you done with my family?’
His heart was pumping in his chest and he wanted to kill whoever touched his precious Georgia and Mervie.
‘Mr Borvolo, if you want them to be safe, I suggest you shut up and listen.’
Arktik nodded, remembered he was on his phone and said, “yes”.
His voice was wavering with just that one word.
‘Good...’ The man said, then continued to tell him everything, and at the end of it, Arktik was shaking so badly he almost crashed.

This book has 42 comments. Post your own now!

ZeeBYoung said...
This is wonderful. All the awards for you Glen Coco.

mervie! said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:24 am
mervie is such a brave little girl! i cant believe she takes down a massive serpent! wow! and shes like 7, right????

ruklove replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:26 am
yer, she's 7. At least, Mervie thinks so. Remember? When they first meet? And then ruk comes along with his sexc bald head, lol. yer, i love merve! i wonder where she ends up when the war is over. and ruk.... actually what happens to all the trolls?

mervie! replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:27 am
yeah, what does happen to them? Cause their master is dead and all. Plus, Merve's parents! Are they dead or alive? I need to know!

ruklove replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:29 am
well............... they were both locked up in a dungeon....... so...... i'm guessing they are dead, but I don't know either! I really want to find out too, but especially ruk, lol, hes awesome!

ruklove said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:46 am
am i the only one that wanted Ruk and Kurlz to go out?????

EWWW! replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:48 am
EWWWW! Ruk and Kurlz? That is just NASTY! i am a quex and kurlz girl, all the way! they were meant to be!

rukurlz replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:49 am
i agree with ruklove...... they are so sweet together. why does it matter if ruk is a troll?

no!!! replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:03 am
ruk and kulz???????are u kidding me? gross! that's SOOOOO wrong!

rukurlz replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:04 am
i like the idea of those two together as well! they would be so sweet!

love replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:07 am
I think that regal and kurlz would be good.... i no that regal gets with abcde, and kurlz likes quex,.... but i think that their personalities would be good together. he's all smirks and shes so random and funny adn they can get on eachothers nerves and stuff. i love the idea of them! <3 kuregal :D XD

ruklove replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:45 am
kuregal? NO WAY!!!!! Regal and Abcde are meant to be. they love each other!

areyoukiddingme? replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 3:49 am
seriouslu guys! It is totally Querlz or Kuex.... I dont no yet, lol. But there is no such thing as rukurlz or kuregal. Abcdegal or Regabcde are perfect. Malish or Varn are cuties. Jimonenim or Denimone..... i wonder if they get back together after that whole tiff. that's putting it lightly lol.

i<3quex replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 3:54 am
QUEX 'N' KURLZ FOREVA! I am a total (as 'areyoukiddingme?' put it) Kuex or Querlz fan! They are totally meant to be! rukurlz is just WRONG! can you even hear what you are saying? I agree totally with the person above ^^^. LOVE THIS NOVEL! :D :D

silverlining replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:21 am
kurlz and ruk are NOT gettin together! yuk! so so SO wrong! why are people making up names for couples? it's so weird, but also kindah cool. i like this novel

ruklove replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:20 am
you don't no if they are getting togeth or not! There are (from what ive heard) 2 more books to be written, and ruk didnt die in this one as other people have thought....... ruk may be a nasty troll in the begining, but he becomes nice coz of kurlz. they would be cute, and mervie would be like their daughter, lol, jks!

ruklove replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:21 am
there are 2 more books in the series, so how do u know? anything could happen! and i think that they would be so cute togeth with merve as their daughter, lol, jks!

sesameandemases said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:34 am
hiyya! just wanted to tell ya me and my sis loved this! it was so funny we were cracking up alot. and i swear i cried when hyenthis died, AND when  she left merve. oh! i LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

bec<3jake replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:36 am
I cried too! I was so sad! I can't believe that! Hyenthis was so beautiful and such a good friend. why did she have to go????????

slimjims replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:39 am
i didn't cry..... but i almost did! my sista called me a wuss, lol