The Ire In Viremia

Author's note: I had the idea at a sleepover with my friends.
Author's note: I had the idea at a sleepover with my friends.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 Next »

The Funeral

The flowers fell silently onto the ebony coffin.
Zanza had tears flowing down her face, and she was holding back sobs that were threatening to burst out.
She should never have gotten involved with a human. Everyone knew it. They saw the disastrous end, and tried to stop her. But she loved him. She loved Bomont so much she was blinded by it, and could not see reason.
And now here she was, everyone’s predictions coming true. Bomont was dead. Zanza would never see him again.
Regal put an arm around her and squeezed; a half hug in a vain attempt at comfort.
Bomont’s parents had already said their farewells, and so had Zanza. The rest of us didn’t know him that well; we were here for Zanza, for she needed the support. She had a strong facade, but inside she was dying. And I knew for one, because I could read her every thought.
We stood there for a while as the dirt covered the coffin.
One hole was being filled, but the one in Zanza’s heart would be there forever.
She took one last look at the grave and straightened herself, wiping away the tears before stalking across to the black limo we were borrowing, and the rest of us followed, not saying a word. There was nothing to say.
...
‘I feel so bad,’ I whispered to Quex at the wake as we obtained yet another helping of chocolate cake. ‘Zanza feels horrible. I don’t think she will recover from this.’
Quex nodded. ‘She should never even have gone near him, let alone dated him.’
‘She couldn’t help falling for him,’ I added. ‘No one can help who they love.’
Quex looked at me, his green eyes piercing, but not like when he is cutting with lasers. ‘I know.’
We sat down, and I ate a big bite of cake.
I shook my head. ‘This is so depressing, I feel miserable and I only saw Bomont a couple of times, but Zanz was crazy about him. How is she going to handle this? She’s fragile, though she may not show it.’
Quex licked some chocolate frosting off a fork. ‘I know,’ he repeated. ‘She’s gutted from losing him, and no one can replace that missing part of her. Maybe the pain will heal over time, but never fully. There will always be a pang when she recalls him.’
I was slightly surprised by his words, but didn’t reveal it. Had Quex lost someone too? Or did he just know what it would feel like? I didn’t know, and I wasn’t going to ask any time soon. Pretty much never.
That also included mind-reading. There would be none of that in that section of his brain.
I gazed up at Zanza who was sitting with Abcde and Regal. Her eyes were sightless and glazed with the tears she refused to shed, and her up-turned nose was pink from crying.
I closed my eyes, hanging my head wishing she had never met Bomont, or at least he was some kind of mutant anomaly like us.
...
Yes, we were mutants. All of us.
Not Bomont though. He was human, and not strong like us, he could be more easily killed. And he had died in a car accident caused by some drunken idiots who got away. If it were one of us in there, we would have survived with only a few minor injuries, and Zanza wishes it had been her there instead.
We mutants don’t live in the world of regular and weak people, that’s why it was such a surprise for the two to meet. I guess it was fate, a cruel fate that left one dead and another broken-hearted.
We lived in another world, where everyone was something spectacular. It was beautiful and magical. Mystery was everywhere, creeping down the alleys at night and sneaking peeks behind closed curtains.
I loved this place. I loved being a freak and all the benefits that came with it. One being the powers.

ZeeBYoung said...
This is wonderful. All the awards for you Glen Coco.

mervie! said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:24 am:
mervie is such a brave little girl! i cant believe she takes down a massive serpent! wow! and shes like 7, right????

ruklove replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:26 am :
yer, she's 7. At least, Mervie thinks so. Remember? When they first meet? And then ruk comes along with his sexc bald head, lol. yer, i love merve! i wonder where she ends up when the war is over. and ruk.... actually what happens to all the trolls?

mervie! replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:27 am :
yeah, what does happen to them? Cause their master is dead and all. Plus, Merve's parents! Are they dead or alive? I need to know!

ruklove replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:29 am :
well............... they were both locked up in a dungeon....... so...... i'm guessing they are dead, but I don't know either! I really want to find out too, but especially ruk, lol, hes awesome!

ruklove said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:46 am:
am i the only one that wanted Ruk and Kurlz to go out?????

EWWW! replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:48 am :
EWWWW! Ruk and Kurlz? That is just NASTY! i am a quex and kurlz girl, all the way! they were meant to be!

rukurlz replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:49 am :
i agree with ruklove...... they are so sweet together. why does it matter if ruk is a troll?

no!!! replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:03 am :
ruk and kulz???????are u kidding me? gross! that's SOOOOO wrong!

rukurlz replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:04 am :
i like the idea of those two together as well! they would be so sweet!

love replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:07 am :
I think that regal and kurlz would be good.... i no that regal gets with abcde, and kurlz likes quex,.... but i think that their personalities would be good together. he's all smirks and shes so random and funny adn they can get on eachothers nerves and stuff. i love the idea of them! <3 kuregal :D XD

ruklove replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:45 am :
kuregal? NO WAY!!!!! Regal and Abcde are meant to be. they love each other!

areyoukiddingme? replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 3:49 am :
seriouslu guys! It is totally Querlz or Kuex.... I dont no yet, lol. But there is no such thing as rukurlz or kuregal. Abcdegal or Regabcde are perfect. Malish or Varn are cuties. Jimonenim or Denimone..... i wonder if they get back together after that whole tiff. that's putting it lightly lol.

i<3quex replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 3:54 am :
QUEX 'N' KURLZ FOREVA! I am a total (as 'areyoukiddingme?' put it) Kuex or Querlz fan! They are totally meant to be! rukurlz is just WRONG! can you even hear what you are saying? I agree totally with the person above ^^^. LOVE THIS NOVEL! :D :D

silverlining replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:21 am :
kurlz and ruk are NOT gettin together! yuk! so so SO wrong! why are people making up names for couples? it's so weird, but also kindah cool. i like this novel

ruklove replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:20 am :
you don't no if they are getting togeth or not! There are (from what ive heard) 2 more books to be written, and ruk didnt die in this one as other people have thought....... ruk may be a nasty troll in the begining, but he becomes nice coz of kurlz. they would be cute, and mervie would be like their daughter, lol, jks!

ruklove replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:21 am :
there are 2 more books in the series, so how do u know? anything could happen! and i think that they would be so cute togeth with merve as their daughter, lol, jks!

sesameandemases said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:34 am:
hiyya! just wanted to tell ya me and my sis loved this! it was so funny we were cracking up alot. and i swear i cried when hyenthis died, AND when  she left merve. oh! i LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

bec<3jake replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:36 am :
I cried too! I was so sad! I can't believe that! Hyenthis was so beautiful and such a good friend. why did she have to go????????

slimjims replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:39 am :
i didn't cry..... but i almost did! my sista called me a wuss, lol