The Ire In Viremia

Author's note: I had the idea at a sleepover with my friends.
Author's note: I had the idea at a sleepover with my friends.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35 Next »

The Funeral

The flowers fell silently onto the ebony coffin.
Zanza had tears flowing down her face, and she was holding back sobs that were threatening to burst out.
She should never have gotten involved with a human. Everyone knew it. They saw the disastrous end, and tried to stop her. But she loved him. She loved Bomont so much she was blinded by it, and could not see reason.
And now here she was, everyone’s predictions coming true. Bomont was dead. Zanza would never see him again.
Regal put an arm around her and squeezed; a half hug in a vain attempt at comfort.
Bomont’s parents had already said their farewells, and so had Zanza. The rest of us didn’t know him that well; we were here for Zanza, for she needed the support. She had a strong facade, but inside she was dying. And I knew for one, because I could read her every thought.
We stood there for a while as the dirt covered the coffin.
One hole was being filled, but the one in Zanza’s heart would be there forever.
She took one last look at the grave and straightened herself, wiping away the tears before stalking across to the black limo we were borrowing, and the rest of us followed, not saying a word. There was nothing to say.
...
‘I feel so bad,’ I whispered to Quex at the wake as we obtained yet another helping of chocolate cake. ‘Zanza feels horrible. I don’t think she will recover from this.’
Quex nodded. ‘She should never even have gone near him, let alone dated him.’
‘She couldn’t help falling for him,’ I added. ‘No one can help who they love.’
Quex looked at me, his green eyes piercing, but not like when he is cutting with lasers. ‘I know.’
We sat down, and I ate a big bite of cake.
I shook my head. ‘This is so depressing, I feel miserable and I only saw Bomont a couple of times, but Zanz was crazy about him. How is she going to handle this? She’s fragile, though she may not show it.’
Quex licked some chocolate frosting off a fork. ‘I know,’ he repeated. ‘She’s gutted from losing him, and no one can replace that missing part of her. Maybe the pain will heal over time, but never fully. There will always be a pang when she recalls him.’
I was slightly surprised by his words, but didn’t reveal it. Had Quex lost someone too? Or did he just know what it would feel like? I didn’t know, and I wasn’t going to ask any time soon. Pretty much never.
That also included mind-reading. There would be none of that in that section of his brain.
I gazed up at Zanza who was sitting with Abcde and Regal. Her eyes were sightless and glazed with the tears she refused to shed, and her up-turned nose was pink from crying.
I closed my eyes, hanging my head wishing she had never met Bomont, or at least he was some kind of mutant anomaly like us.
...
Yes, we were mutants. All of us.
Not Bomont though. He was human, and not strong like us, he could be more easily killed. And he had died in a car accident caused by some drunken idiots who got away. If it were one of us in there, we would have survived with only a few minor injuries, and Zanza wishes it had been her there instead.
We mutants don’t live in the world of regular and weak people, that’s why it was such a surprise for the two to meet. I guess it was fate, a cruel fate that left one dead and another broken-hearted.
We lived in another world, where everyone was something spectacular. It was beautiful and magical. Mystery was everywhere, creeping down the alleys at night and sneaking peeks behind closed curtains.
I loved this place. I loved being a freak and all the benefits that came with it. One being the powers.

This book has 42 comments. Post your own now!

sesameandemases said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:34 am
hiyya! just wanted to tell ya me and my sis loved this! it was so funny we were cracking up alot. and i swear i cried when hyenthis died, AND when  she left merve. oh! i LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

kittycats replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:45 am
i thought i was the only one! i didn't cry when she left mervie though, i KNEW that they would see each other again. i cried when hyenthis died. i loved her! sweet bird/horse! </3 :'(

allygurllovesyou!!!! said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:19 am

hey, its me, from Booksie! i wanted to comment on this as well as on booksie cause i love it so much.

love from your #1 fan!!!!!! :D

KurlzBasheld replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:23 am
hey Ally! Thanks for commenting on here also. It means a lot to me. Haha, see ya. :D

hay.mil said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:17 am
woah...... talk about a good book. i didn't no if i would like it, but dam, this is so cool! I have read most of it, and pretty excited to see how it all ends...... cant wait for the next book!!

KurlzBasheld replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:22 am
thanks! I do hope you like the ending. :D

hennypenny:) said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:14 am
i read the first few chaps, and i loved it! its so well written, humouress and downright awesome! kurlz is so funny and random, lol~ :D

KurlzBasheld replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:22 am
haha, thanks... will you read more? And if you do, I hope you like it. :D

jenjen said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:12 am
this is totes awesome! i mean, omg! this is so fab! everyone seems so love this, and i no why. this is so good. and i read that you are writing a 2 book. u have to tell us when u put that up! i m waiting!

KurlzBasheld replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:21 am
THANKS! I will definitely tell you when I put the next book up. I am thinking of writing three, but I am sorta stuck where I am right now... oh well, thanks again! :D

emochild-_- said...
you have talent..... can't wait for book 2????

KurlzBasheld replied...
yes, there wil be another book. glad you liked this one. :D

surfing is my life! said...
damn gurl, this is AH-MAZZING! i read the whole thing and i was blown away. ur writing is so magical! i mean, every sentence had me hanging on, LOL. Awesome doesnt o this justice. it does beyond awesome! 5 out of 5 missie :)

lexieisawesome said...
i really like this...... :)

KurlzBasheld replied...
thanks :) I appreciate it.

ponnies!!!!!! said...
OMG! i love this novel so much! is there like another book????? or is this the only one? if it is, i will DIE! i have to read more! kurlz is so awesome, she is the best character!!! her and quex are so cute together! porr ruk! MERVIE IS ADORABLE! I wish she was my kid. and NO!!! he's not dead, argh! there is a second book right??? it leaves onna cliff hanger, so ther has to be!!! plz tell me if there is more to this!

KurlzBasheld replied...
haha, thanks! Quex and Kurlz are coot together, and Mervie is coot too, I agree with that. And yes, I am writing book two. Hope you like it just as much. :D

tabby<3 said...
this is so brill brill! gosh,,  when i read this i was like this could be published! omg! that would be awesome if it was! i gave it 5 outta 5! too bad there was no infinite stars.... lol, i think that this is so awesome. :D :D :D love love love it!!!!!!!

KurlzBasheld replied...
Wow! Thank you! 5 out of 5 is awesome! Do you really think it deserves that? Infinite? Yeah, too bad, haha! I'm glad you love it, and I hope it gets published too, but I have to edit it a bit more first. :D

Hannah Thomas said...
I think thatn this is really good. The characters names are unique and cool, and the characters themselves are awesome! You write so well, adn I am totally impressed. Continue writing, because this is absolutely amazing!

KurlzBasheld replied...
thank you heaps! I appreciate all the comments so far, but I am kinda hoping someone else might, haha, I love feedback. I'm glad you like the names, I made them up myself. :D