New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Rest in Peace

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Jessica

In truth, death is a tragedy. It’s one of the things that can really tear you up emotionally. It causes people to do crazy things. Especially if you loved the one in question, the “victim”, the one that died isn’t always a victim though, but in this case I am. If only some one would have told me that sooner.
People think that having a loved one die can be about one of the worst things that can happen to them. I suppose that’s reasonably true. But you tell me, what’s worse: having a sister, daughter, or girlfriend that you loved (and found out you were cheating on her the day she died), die? Or being that sister, daughter, and girlfriend that died, but didn’t know.
My name is Jessica Meiners. I’ve been dead for 3 years 4 months and 18 days. And I’m just now about to be able to rest in peace. I’m Jessica Meiners, and this is my story.
I died on my 15 birthday, when I was just a freshman in high school. Dying isn’t the term used though. Murdered is what happened to me, brutally might I add, or so I hear. It’s still a little fuzzy. Now it is May 22nd, and I’m doing one more thing before finally moving on, and leaving this world for good. I’m watching all of my classmates graduate from high school, just a couple weeks after they found out how I died.
They found out how it happened on May 8th, of my “would be” senior year, 14 days ago. I watched it all unfold; I just sat there watching the scene unfold. What else was there to do? Nobody has been able to hear or see me since my death. I’m lucky if I can make somebody feel my presence enough to stiffen and remember something about me. The only thing I worried about in death was being forgotten. At first I didn’t even think about it, and then people started to get back to their routines, avoiding things that made me cross their mind, and the pain my death brought them.
Everyone wants something to be remembered by, and I settled into thinking I wouldn’t be, because I wasn’t old enough to impact the world. One of the big things I learned in death is that you’re never too young to change the world. You’re never too young to make a difference. Now I know how I made a difference though. It wasn’t my life that changed anything. It was my death.
The reason I was murdered, that’s how I did it. I left enough clues behind that it was discovered. I am the reason they were caught. The reason I died, is so now, after 3 years 4 months and 18 days, I can finally see my death be brought to light. I can see justice be served, and I can see my cause be broadcasted all over, saving lives everywhere. I can see the reason I was put on this earth. And I can now, finally, rest in peace.

Seshat said...

That is so good!!!

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:54 pm:
Great story i d love to read more  could you please take a look at and comment on my story Manso's Shame  i  would really appreciate the feedback

D.B.Kinkers replied...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 11:45 am :
Thanks! and of course I'll check it out.

prilla24 said...
Mar. 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm:
Oh my gosh this is amazing please post more this is great I want to read more!!

D.B.Kinkers replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 8:47 am :
haha thanks!! I'm working on more right now. :)

Rosepetals59 said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:00 pm:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! Please post more!!

D.B.Kinkers replied...
Mar. 4, 2011 at 11:09 am :
Thanks and i'm working on more right now. :)

BDOG said...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:43 pm:

This is a great novel :) LOVE IT. 5 stars :)

D.B.Kinkers replied...
Mar. 4, 2011 at 11:10 am :
  Thanks!!

Writomania This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 10:40 pm:

Hi! The caption is really catchy.. I like the overall feel of your book. Want more!

Please check out my work, the diary of a teenaged lunatic and leave your comments!

Thanks!

D.B.Kinkers replied...
Feb. 28, 2011 at 6:23 pm :
Thanks and of course i'll check it out! :)

blackrabbit said...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 11:48 am:
I love this, I'm sure this is not all you have! Write more please, I'd like to see the rest, deffinately!

D.B.Kinkers replied...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm :
thanks. I'm workin on more right now. I'll post it as soon as I've finished.