New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

DREW and COREY Ep.2-GOING UP AND GETTING OVER

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

SCENE II

(COREY is now walking alone through the hallways of the high school. It seems as he is walking in slow motion. People quickly pass him.)
COREY-(Voiceover) Truth is…I’m heart broken. Since the talent show, I have felt like crap. You see, if it wasn’t for Drew’s friend leaving him, I would’ve never had to step in…there’s just one thing he doesn’t know about the situation.
(Flashback to episode one. COREY rushes into the green room looking for his tie.)
COREY-Tie, tie, I gotta find my tie. (He stops when he hears a small chuckle come from one of the dressing rooms. Sneakily, he tip-toes over to the door and slowly peeks inside to see BRIT and TED laying on the ground fornicating. He doesn’t react and soon leaves. Replay the same scene of COREY entering to see DREW on stage by himself as the audience laughs at him. He then sighs and walks out on stage.)
(Flashback to normal time.)
COREY-Now, I’m reminded every day why I made the decision I did. The one thing I had as a goal in life, a dream, I’m forced to think…(BRIT starts to walk by. She tries to smile, but COREY looks away.)…of her. (A football player begins to approach COREY who tenses up.) Don’t hurt me…
HANK-Hurt you? Why would I do that? (COREY opens one eye and looks around.)
COREY-Uhm…well, you really didn’t hold back last Wednesday when you punched me in the groin for no reason.
HANK-(Laughs) Youre a funny guy, you know that? (COREY laughs uncomfortably.)
COREY-Yeah…I-I guess so…
HANK-We should be bros.
COREY-Excuse me?
HANK-Bros,homies,amigos…friends?
COREY-Uhm…uh-well…uh-wow Hank, I really didn’t think you thought of me than anything under the bottom of the food chain.
HANK-(Gasps. Taken back.) Why would you think of me that way?
COREY-Gee, I wonder if it’s all because I suddenly have been offered a multi-million dollar contract.
HANK-Come on, don’t be a dick.
COREY-Excuse me? You are the one wanting to friend the kid you pushed around a week ago JUST because he has money now. Go back to your trailer park. (HANK scoffs and swiftly punches COREY in the crotch area who then falls to the ground out of view.)
HANK-Asshole…!