New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Absence of Light

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Part 4

The truck came to an abrupt stop in front of this pink and white house. Marco and my sister climbed out through the back window and joined us in the trunk.
“So,” said Marco looking thoughtfully at the house, “Any guesses as to where we are?”
“Lost?” Malinda grinned.
“Nope,” replied Marco, “We’re at the home of the old shrew who turned in our friends Malinda and Holden here.”
“What the hell Marco,” my sister cried, “What the hell are we doing here?”
“Plotting, and then hopefully getting, revenge.”
My sister opened her mouth to say something,
“Calm down,” said Marco, “We’ll do whatever we do anonymously.”
“I do hate her,” my sister sighed, “Eh, whatever, let’s think of something.”
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t actually that angry at the teacher. But everyone else seemed so happy and I didn’t want to ruin this night for them. Did she really do something wrong turning us in to the principal? I mean, just because she’s not exactly a cool teacher doesn’t mean she’s a terrible person.
“We could take the licence plate off of her car.” I suggested.
Marco looked at me with a bored expression.
“And then we could throw it into the river!” I added.
He still wasn’t impressed.
“Let’s tipi the house,” my sister exclaimed.
Marco threw his hands up in the hair; “Come on guys, I want something bigger, more poetic, more significant, and less wasteful.”
“We could shoot her,” Dolly said solemnly.
We all stared at her with wide eyes.
“ON THE BUTT!” she laughed, “And then when she dies, and the police explain the cause of death to the public; everyone’ll just burst out laughing. Even at her funeral, no one will be able to get through their speech without snickering a couple times. Considering that this is a woman who seems to lust for respect, it would be one hell of an insult.”
“Yeah,” laughed my sister, “But it would also get us sent straight to hell.”
“I don’t think we should punish her,” I said quietly.
“Wait what?” screamed my sister, “Why?”
“Because she’s 50 year old lady whose life consists of going to a rundown school where nobody likes her and coming back to her empty mansion. I don’t know if this is her fault or just her fate, but either way, she’s been sufficiently punished.”
We all sat in silence for a while. Then we just left.