Frostbitten love

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

Frostbitten love

took a step back in surprise. We looked each other up and down. He opened the door; a rush of cold air came rushing in. He took a step inside and shut the door.

"You're very lucky your nightmare didn't see or hear you" he said, leaning against the door. Frost began to crystallize on the glass.

"And?" I said with a shrug, taking a seat in front of my computer.

"It could have killed you" he said seriously.

“Do you think I'm scared of a horse?" I asked.

"It's not just any horse," said the boy as he stood up and walked over to me, "It's a nightmare. They can kill you like that" he said, snapping his fingers. He sat down next to me, giving off cold air. He looked at me with his blue eyes, searching for something. I looked away from him and turned my attention back to my drawings. The boy looked over my shoulder at them.

"And why should you care about whether or not it kills me?" I asked; he stayed silent, thinking. "I'm not worth it" I said.

"No, you are worth it. In fact, you are special. Very special, more than you can imagine. I can't tell you what and why exactly, but your specialness intertwines with your destiny" the boy explained, I snorted.

"I am nothing special, the only things I am good at are writing, drawing, snowboarding, and dancing . . . maybe rambling on, but there is nothing special going on in me" I said, gesturing to my whole body. The boy thought for a moment, and then pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.

"Write a note to your parents saying that you'll be gone for awhile. Don't tell them why or where you're going. Pack a bag, I'll come for you tonight" he said, standing up.
"I don't even know you, you can't expect me to go running off with you in the middle of the night" I said. He paused and turned to face me. He smiled a playful grin.

"I don't expect you to come willingly" he said, grinning. I gasped.

"You wouldn't" I said.

"I would, so I suggest you write that letter and pack before I come tonight" he said opening the door. He shut it as I ran towards him. I looked out to see that he was gone. I sighed and trudged back to the couch. I sighed loudly and rubbed my temple in frustration. I looked over at the paper and pen. I reached over and grabbed the items. I clicked the pen and began to write.

Dear Mom, Dad, and Mattie,
I know this is sudden and totally out of the blue, but I have to go. I can't tell you where or even why. Don't worry about me and don't go looking for me. I'll be fine. If anyone should ask where I am, tell them I'm visiting an old family friend. I love you; keep me in your prayers.
I love you guys.
Sky.

I went upstairs to go grab my laptop bag. I brought it back down and put my laptop, tablet and sketchbook in there. I carried it upstairs to my room and packed some clothes in there along with a brush and some other toiletries. I sneaked out to the garage and took two boxes of Cheese Its and some bottles of Simply Lemonade. I placed them into my bag. I heard my parents call me down for dinner. As I ate, I stayed quiet throughout dinner.

"Are you okay?" asked Mom.

"Yeah, just fine" I said, starring at the half-eaten food on my plate.

"You don't seem fine" Mom said.

"I’m fine, just not that hungry, that's all" I said.

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Okay" she said and the room lapsed back into silence. I finished my dinner and cleared my spot. I walked up the stairs to my room and collapsed on my bed. I buried my head into the pillow. I turned my head and looked at the door. My eyes grew heavy and I fell asleep.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3