The Tragedy of Generations A medieval Tale of Revenge and Surrender

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Prologue

I woke up next to my beautiful wife Juliana. She was pregnant and our child was due soon. As I was thinking of my wonderful life with Juliana, she to awoke and greeted me with her melodic voice and sweet smile. I kissed her on the cheek and I got up. I got dressed, but Juliana just stayed in her nightgown and sat up in bed. I said good bye once more and headed out to find a vocation by which to support my family. The King somehow heard of my seeking and he appointed me the town’s herald. I was so happy. It took him almost until nightfall to explain my duties and responsibilities, which would include announcing the King’s words to the public, and keeping the townspeople updated with news and decisions the King had made. I would also read tales from the King’s library and sing for the people who gather in the town square.
When I came back to the house two of our neighbors were there, one of whom was holding a baby.
“ It’s a boy,” she said.
The other quickly added, “Juliana wanted to name him Cedric.”
“What do you mean ‘wanted’? Did she make it?”
“No,” sniffled the lady, still cradling my Cedric. The way she said this was as if I had stirred the pain resting inside of her.
I grabbed the baby from the lady’s arms and ran into our room. I sat down next to Juliana on the bed and gently laid Cedric onto her unmoving corpse. “Cedric and I will make you proud.” Then I hoped to the deepest core of my heart that I could keep my promise. I whispered my final good-bye and I took her to Shambles's Abbey where she could be buried in her hometown. I had an elaborate funeral and wished nothing had ever happened to my love.

Ten years later. . .
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

This book has 19 comments. Post your own now!

. said...
I loved this story. Good work! Very imaginative.

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It's an interesting story, but it could use some more description to give more...what's the word? Depth?  But anyway, keep writing my friend. 

addy114804 said...
Some people say the sky is the limit, but I believe that you and your writing can reach beyond the moon. This was truly amazing. THANK YOU FOR A READ OF A LIFETIME!!

Teresa said...
Well written and very enjoyable to read

FigglerXD said...
This is truly amazing. The effort is apparent and the story is gripping dark and suspenseful. You are very talented.

Emily6600 said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:26 am
It is a good story and is very interesting.

Lex-13 said...
I had roughly a month to write this. I spent a good six months adding to it. It ate up a summer. It consumed my mind for quite awhile. (and continues to) I have sent it off for you to see. I hope more than anything that you enjoy the story I have worked so hard on as much as I do! Please vote and comment on my work!

JoeP said...
I have had the honor of watching and reading this story through every phase and every revision since its inception. This young writer's future is a bright one indeed, and no doubt we'll be seeing her name on bestseller lists before long. God-given talent like her DOES NOT go unnoticed. She'll only get better and the sky is the limit.

Andy t Mac said...
This was written well and kept me interested the entire time!

jeanie 1 said...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:52 am
I loved the book! I can see your name in the NY Times best seller list in a few years. Keep it up, your great

zachjack said...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 12:22 am
Great Job.....I was so involved and wrapped up in the story line that I couldn't wait to read on and see how it ended.

jomin5982@aol.com said...
Awesome job!!!!!

barb515 said...
Wow ! Im speechless , cant wait to read more ! Awesome !

Neddra said...
Really enjoyed this story! Hope to read more soon!

Heather C. said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:54 am
This is an amazing story full of suspense and interesting plot twists.I love a family with deep dark secrets!

Bret said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:51 am
That book was just AMAZING!!! Best one I have read in years! This kid has got talent!!!

ellencg said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 8:59 am
What a gripping story, you must write more!

doris said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:32 am
What a wonderful story! You have the unique gift of being a great storyteller. Please keep on writing. I want to see more of your work.

wjcahill said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:06 am
Wow, what a well written and imaginative story. I love it!