Prisoner

Author's note: I wrote this piece after learning about Cleopatra's younger sister. I hope people learn that...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wrote this piece after learning about Cleopatra's younger sister. I hope people learn that there's more than one side to the famous Queen.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

Epilogue The Marble Tomb

“She will pay.” Megabyzus said in tight voice. “She will pay for killing her.” He turned away from the sight of the tomb, workers all around it, finishing it.
Accalia sobbed into her black robes. For a month, the people of Ephesus had worn nothing but black in honor of the slain princess, the Queen of Egypt. “At least she knew she was loved, here and everywhere.”
“I can’t believe she’s gone. She was right there,” He choked out, pointing to column, “right there, playing with the children.”
Both knew what happened last night. Arsinoe had been praying to her gods, where her handmaidens left her. Soldiers had appeared out of the gloom, converging on her. She had tried to run, but had nowhere to run to. The soldiers ran to her. She started shrieking, loud enough to wake the gods. By the time the alarm had sounded, she was dead, lying on the steps of the temple, her body covered in the blood.
“Oh Artemis, protect this tomb. Guard it against all who seek to destroy and desecrate it, and help Arsinoe’s name be remembered forever.” Accalia prayed.
“It seems like yesterday I was calling her my Queen.” Megabyzus remembered. “Was it really years ago?”
“It seems like yesterday she arrived.” Accalia whispered. “I watched her grow up here. I watched her turn into a woman here.”
“She will pay.” Echoed Megabyzus.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

This book has 13 comments. Post your own now!

Tyler c said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:59 am
This has been the best book so far .Its amazing in both past and present .Still the best book ever.

Sydney46 said...
Great book!!! it was amazing. the only negative thing that I have to say about it is that I wish that you would distinguish her flashbacks better from the present.

emilybwrites said...
wow this was fantastic! please read my poem "forgotten domain" and comment/rate it it would mean a lot!!

iamonecoolradiator said...
This was absolutely great! the only criticism i have of it is maybe just distinguish the differences between the present and the past more thoroughly! loved the way it ended :D

DreamingOurWorld replied...
Yeah, I know. I typed this on word and I had lines seperating the present from the past. Unfortunetly, Teen Ink didn't recognize those lines :(

Sharmila said...
I liked the writing style - you had me engaged up to the last word.  Very good job!

madura said...
fine language as well as expression. great effort!!

aruna said...
Finished the story!! Very gripping & sad tale. Good background research on that period of Eyptian history.

Venkatesh said...
May 23, 2011 at 11:43 am
Very well written. keep up the good work

amar said...
May 23, 2011 at 9:05 am
Great stuff . Keep up with your imagination and writing skill. It is a great talent you have.

Aruna said...
Half way through the novel. Enjoying it very much.

Sonika said...
Very well written :)

neelam said...
May 20, 2011 at 1:55 am
That was a marvellous first. Short,crisp&interesting. Keep it up!