If Hitler Had a Son

Author's note: I love WWII. I got the idea after having a nightmare. I dreamed that the Nazis (with the help of...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I love WWII. I got the idea after having a nightmare. I dreamed that the Nazis (with the help of my 9th grade Social Studies teacher) took over our middle school.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Prologue

Blood oozed from the hole in his chest in waves as she cradled his head in her arms. This wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't supposed to die, but that was inevitable; he had been shot in the lung. “What a way to die,” he rasped. She stroked his short blond head.
“Hush, darling,” she whispered. “Save your strength.” Their eyes met and for a moment, for only a moment before he stared off into the distance. With his last breath, blood poured out of the corners of his mouth. A tear fell from her eye and onto his forehead, shining in the dismal light. A shadow loomed over them as a man approached them up from behind.
“Who did it?” he asked as rage consumed him.
“He did,” she replied, shakily pointing a finger at a smirking SS soldier. The sound of a bullet rang through the air, followed by the sound of footsteps quickly retreating into the distance... and a thud.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Klara_J. said...
Dec. 21, 2010 at 10:20 am:
It says chapter 16 when it's supposed to say chapter 1.