New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Fire in the War

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 Next »

Prolouge

Prologue:

I turn to see my whole entire squad gone, disappeared. Yes, they left me for dead in the Backcountry of the colonies. The nearest colony would be Virginia which is about two-hundred miles away from where we are. Let’s just hope that the Redcoats don’t spot me or I would be a dead man in a second. I am 1st Lieutenant Officer Wyatt meaning warrior, I’ve been in the Continental Army for over two years since the Revolution started against the British. My family disowned me because I support the Patriot cause for independence, they are good for nothing Loyalists or “Tories” as we call them in the army. I say in my head in this cold snowy forest, “Keep going for God is with me for freedom!” The backpack on my back is the only thing to keep me alive in time of need plus with the use of my rifle with its bayonet at the end are really the only things able to keep me alive in this lush green-white land. As the snow falls I feel my legs move slower, my eyes start to get heavy in my head. I say to myself in my head this time, “Please God don’t let me die.” With that said I fall to the ground hitting my head on a tree stump. I awake hours later at least I think that because when I hit my head it was in the middle of the day now it’s dark out and I am very lost in the woods. I hear all the sounds around me in this quiet forest. I hear the wolves howling at the moon, the rustle of leaves I the trees, and the wind howling with the wolves in this “Storm of the Century”. I knew now I was a dead man because of this god forsaken storm and we were in the Back country so the threat of Indians was a lot higher here especially after the French & Indian War. I see a light ahead what is it…….?
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

ILoveWritingAlot said...
Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:48 am:
one word for the book OMGITSSOAWESOME!!!
epic...!!pls read my book and tell me your views...and happy writing!!