This Can't Be Happening

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

Getting My Wand

“Are you all ready for your first day tomorrow you little brat?” said my mom voice full of hatred and spite.
“Yes, mama. I just need one more thing.” I said timidly keeping my head down and avoiding eye contact.
“Oh yea? What’s that you little twit?” mom said her voice dripping with venom.
“My wand, mama.” I said glancing at her through my thick curtain of long pin straight black hair that I usually use to hide my face which hides my eyes that will always conceal my feelings. When my mom first started to drink and started to beat me I vowed to myself that I would never ever let anyone see my pain or any of my feelings.

I also vowed that I wouldn’t ever let anyone back into my heart and or close to me, and no one will see me cry. After what had happened with my mom, I won’t be able to handle any more hurt in my life. Mom sighed and grabbed my shoulder and roughly pushed my towards the fire that had been burning for a while now.

She grabbed the large vase that was sitting on the mantel, she shoved her hand violently in the vase and grabbed a handful of glittering Floo powder and threw it into the fire. Their was a loud roar and the fire turned a blue green color that grew higher than my 5’2 stature. I walked into the flames feeling the warmth of the fire engulf me. I shouted “Diagon Alley!” as I tucked my elbows in tight and shut my eyes closed. Seconds later I was thrown from the fire place in the Leaky Cauldron. I got up and dusted my self off and went to the counter and asked the bartender if he could give me the clothes brush thats always behind the counter. He hands it to me and brushed my self down, after I was done I put the brush back on the counter and headed out to the alley. I walked down to Ollivander's and walked in. It was a small dark place...

As I walked into the shop I instantly got chills running up and down my spine. A tall man with milky white eyes that seems never to blink had walked up to me from the darkness of the shops deep corners. It was really nerve wrecking just to have him stare down at you and never blink. He slid along the floor as if he was levitating. “Can I help you?” his voice sounded as if it didn’t belong to him but from somewhere behind the man.
“Um, yea I need a wand?” it came out like a question and I would have thought that it wasn’t my voice but somebody else's.
“Of course you do now I just need to take a few measurements…” the strange man said as three tape measures appeared in his hand. The muttered a few words under his breath and the tape measures began to fly all around me taking measurements of my body. While the tape measures were flying every where around me the man started to look around the building at the bookcases filled with boxes. He stepped onto a stool and took down a box and handed me a wand…
“Eucalyptus, very strong, stiff, 10 inches. Great fro casting spells and hexes.” The man winked at me and said. I waved my hand as if I was casting a spell and sparks flew and my whole arm went warm with a surge of power. I saw the sparks fly to a tall tree looking thing and exploded.
“Well, that was different. I usually test a few wands to get the feel but this must be a sign. Wether its a good one or a bad one I cannot tell you.” The old man said. “Anyway that will be seven galleons.” He said holding his hand out for the money.
“Oh yea...Right.” I said as I pulled out the gold coins. I grabbed the wand and walked out the door as fast as I could, without running.
Once I was out of the store and on the street I looked to see how much money I had left after the wand purchase. I had two sickles, left so I went to go get some ice cream. After I left the ice cream parlor I went to the Leaky Cauldron, and Floo’d back to the house. As I floo’d to the house I started to think about how wonderful it would be one I got to Hogwarts, Or even better than that, how great it would be once I got on the train. A whole school year without my mom, wow that’d be just perfect.
I walked out of the fire place to find my mom passed out on the couch and a broken vase was laying on the floor next to the fire place. A bottle of vodka spilled on the carpet next to the couch where my mom was passed out. As I walked out of the living room and into the kitchen I wondered about who was and who could be my father… and on second thought who was also my mom, because I know for sure that this woman is not my mom. I mean I look nothing like her.. She has short curly blonde hair and I have long pin straight black hair…. She has brownish hazel eyes. I have green eyes so I know she’s not my mother..
I walked into my bedroom and laid on top of my bed and started to think about how awesome the kids and people at Hogwarts and how they will act with me being a pureblood and living in the muggle world, most pure bloods hate mud-bloods and look down upon them. So meeting other pure-bloods knowing that they will look down on me and my mom, but who in the heck cares what they think. Because I sure don’t … after about half an hour later I felt sleepy, I looked at the clock and it was 10:30 so I felt I turned over and fell asleep in my jeans.
I woke up the next morning to hear my mom stumbling down the hall to her room. I looked at the clock and it read 6:00 in the morning so I got up and gathered my clothes and went into the bathroom to take a shower. When I got out I blow dried my hair. Then I went back to my room and started to pack all of my belongings and then I grabbed my kitten jinx, I named him that because the woman that I bought him from said that when he was born his mother had been jinxed and if the mother cat had been jinxed a few seconds earlier the kitten would have died with its siblings.
I put jinx into his cat carrier and fed him a treat, and grabbed my stuff and went into the kitchen to call a cab…
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this idea. But one thing......If Sophia is in the same year as Harry, wouldn't that make them twins? They would have to be born within three months of each other....

Cow2399 said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:48 am
I thought it was very good , but i diddnt know olivander had to measure you to get your wand. ?

IMme2 said...
Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:11 am
pretty please with a cherry on top! write some comments, i need some feedback on my book! thanks