Pure Half-Blood

Author's note: Critique welcome!
Author's note: Critique welcome!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Prologue of a Freak

School and summer camp: a normal fact of life for plenty of fifteen year old girls. No matter what else is wrong or different with me, those experiences make me at least relatively normal, right?

I wish.

In fact, ‘normal’ is my polar opposite. Look up ‘abnormal’ in the dictionary and you’ll find quite a few pictures of me. My summer camp just happens to be Camp Half-Blood, home of the demi-gods. (A demigod is a child of one Greek gods or goddesses). School is
I felt like all this information is a little overwhelming for this prologue. Should I delete the monologue and cut right to the action? Please comment with your opinion and other thoughts on this chapter!
pretty out of the ordinary for me as well – Hogwarts. If I have to explain what Hogwarts is to you, then you might as well live on Mars (a planet named appropriately after a cousin on my dad’s side).
You see, my mom is a witch; no, I’m not just saying that because she’s evil or maleficent. She actually is a real witch, with a wand, broom, and everything; in fact, she is currently a Hogwarts potions professor. My daddy is Zeus. Yes, you heard right. Zeus, king of the gods. With the two of them as parents, I never stood a chance with normality.
Seriously. If I really had to have a god for a parent, couldn’t they have been someone like Dionysus? Nobody ever hears about that guy. Ever.
Anyways, demi-gods spend the summer at Camp Half-Blood. Young witches and wizards study at Hogwarts.
As for me, I got the worst of both worlds. At Camp Half-Blood I am the half-blood wizard freak with the 'magic fairy wand'. At Hogwarts (Hufflepuff house to be exact), I am the half-blood god freak who can control the wind. Even my genetics contradict themselves; a pure half-blood.
Oh yeah, and I did I forget to mention that my oblivious parents are sending me to North Shore public high school for my sophomore year?
Wish me luck. I'll need it.
The name is Peyton, by the way. Peyton of Olympus, daughter of Zeus and half witch. That is all I am and that is all I will ever be.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 2 at 2:23 pm:
This is amazing. You really do have such talent and greatness in you. Thank you so, so, so much for sharing this. :)

StellaDPloom said...
Possibly? You mean, absolutely to be continued, right? I love this. I need more.

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Or I guess... you could have her wake up froma coma or something, and anthony and the vampires and her high school never happened or have it be a dream that was put on by her mother with a potion and to show her she sperfect just the way she is. That way, I think it would be better, and less....slightly creepyno offense. Like i said before, it is a very well written story, but the twilight element just put me off........ :)

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:39 pm:
It is really good, although, I've never been a fan of  Twilight. I really just don't like it. It started out really good, but once you got to the vampire part it all kind of went downhill. Take out the vampires, continue, and it'll be perfect. :)