Imperfection Is Beauty, Madness Is Genius

Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!
Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next »

1

I knew I was good for this job and I knew that I would have to prove myself. Being my age and going into such a professional career was not common. Most people thought I was weird and never understood my jokes, but I was okay with that. There wasn't much I could do to change it. I pulled my car into the parking lot and took a deep breath before getting out and heading inside the building. Today was my first day as an official agent for the Behavior Analysis Unit. I was a profiler to say the least. There was a lot that went into the work that I do. It wasn't just watching people and figuring them out. It was noticing every little detail. Having an awesome memory helped me out also. I found myself walking into the bullpen and not knowing where to go. A man who looked like he was in his mid to late thirties came up to me.
"Can I help you?" He asked. "I hope so. My name is Annabelle Stevens. I'm supposed to start here today." I replied. "Oh, yes. I'm Special Agent Aaron Hotchner, your supervisor. Follow me." He said walking to his office. I followed him, but couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. I looked over my shoulder to see four people staring at me. One was a black man who seemed to be smirking at something. The other three were females. One blonde who had glasses, another blonde who I recognized from the TV, and a brunette. I turned back around and took my seat in Agent Hotchner's office. He wasn't smiling and it made me uneasy.
Spencer's P.O.V.

I was running late, which wasn't like me at all. I raced inside, hoping that I hadn't missed anything important. When I made it to the bullpen I saw Morgan, Garcia, JJ, and Prentiss all talking about something. I walked up and greeted everyone. Silently listening to their conversation. "I heard she's as smart as Reid…" Garcia said. "Who?" I asked speaking up. "Our new team member." JJ answered. "We have a new member?" I asked. "Yup kid, you missed it. Hotch just took her in his office" Morgan said. "Did you get a name?" I asked. "What's with the twenty questions?" Prentiss asked. "I'm just curious." I said blushing slightly. Morgan laughed and patted me on the back. I walked off to my desk and put my bag down. I sat down and took a long sip from my coffee. Was there someone who was really as smart as me?
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next »

This book has 13 comments. Post your own now!

TeardropsInAprilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:37 am
I love criminal minds!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
By the way, my twelve year old sister likes this.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Persona writing is a skilled art! Not just a mere skill or an abstract art but a skilled art! It's practically acting on paper! If done improperly the characterization drowns in a pool of nonsense! I beleive you saturated this story with romance! What is with this generation and romance?! Good grief! Why is Reid having kids? That seems so illogical. Why is there a second genius? That seems statistically impossible. Anyway, persona writing is an art, exactly like acting. There are beleivable acto... (more »)

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Interesting conclusion line. Please clarify if Reid and Chris have been captured along with Annabelle.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
EPITOME OF LAMENESS! TOO RANDOM! WHY WOULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN? IS THIS REALLY IN GIDEON'S CHARA -- Hold the hedgehog! Gideon already has a son! What is happening in this alternate multiverse?!?!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
The Gideon segment should be in Reid's perspective.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
FAIL! I apologize for that out burst. Perhaps its just me and my anti-romantic sentiments, but ... Never mind

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Morgan would say, "Why do we love you?" Gideon and Reid seem out of character. Revise some diction.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Revise sentences to reduce redundancy. Remeber to revise your diction! Keep in mind that this is from the perspective of geniuses! Use the words to convince the reader of that! Why did you insert Gideon? Its not that we hate him, it is just too spontaneous.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
That old cliche 'back in high school.' Competion is characteristic of Reid but you might want to lok at some of your diction in chapter 5. FLASHBACK, FORESHADOWING, and IRONY abound! I love it!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 2: I like your portrayal of the stoic-faced Hotch, but the Prentiss comment seemed slightly out of character. I like your oxymoron of 'comfortable awkward silence.' This chapter reminds me of the first episode with Agent Seaver.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 1: First person gives this story a unique twist. Your characters (especially Morgan) seem real (using dialogue). Perhpas you should have swithched chapters when swithching point of views. Focus on your diction/word choice -- this kind of persona wirting requires better diction since it comes from the minds of 'geniuses.' An interesting start.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
I haven't had time to read your book yet, but your titile has hooked me. My friend would say something like that.