New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Stroke of Midnight chpt 1

Author's note: i hope u all like this
Author's note: i hope u all like this  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »

venom and secrets

“Vampire venom is a combination of acids that burn through the skin of human beings. It paralyzes the pray and keeps them from moving while sending painful shocks through the body. Another use for the venom is that it can evaporate the venom of another vampire in result to this is a fast healing process. If bitten the vampire venom will spread, changing the victim into a newborn vampire. This can be used on any person but results may be fatal if used on werewolf.”
“I think I know how he will save you.”
“By changing me into a vampire.”
“No need to state the obvious.”
“Do you think he should know that I know?”
“Yes, this does involve him and his family.”
“But I wasn’t supposed to know this information.”
“For all we know we might be dead wrong, after all it’s just the internet.”
“I guess your right.”
“Search up hunting.”
“There isn’t a section for that.”
“Maybe there is a reason.”
A knock on the door interrupted my next sentence and the door was swinging open. Pete was on the bed, door closed, and staring at us with crimson eyes.
“What do you need?”
“Logan said that if Kai figures out that you know he is going to kill you.”
“I don’t get the big problem?”
“He’s supposedly scared that he’ll kill you if he ever tried.”
“There is always a chance I won’t die.”
“He doesn’t want to risk the chance, after all vampire venom is lethal to werewolves.”
“It is?”
“You didn’t know that?”
“Not at all.”
“Also Kai said that he is going hunting so if you need anything talk to Will.”
“Why not you.”
“The reason he is going hunting is so that he can show me.”
“How is it like being a big bad vampire?”
“I’m not sure? I don’t have any venom, my eyes don’t change yet, I don’t have fangs yet or drink blood. I’m just me in a stronger, faster body.”
“Don’t forget that you are automatically ten times hotter than the original you.”
“Get chased down the street by girls how great.”
“When someone asks you when you were changed you can say 2010 instead of 1523.”
“That’s when Kai was a changed. He’s the oldest out of all of us.”
“That was a good guess then.”
“A very good one indeed.” He laughed.
“So when are you going to get the taste for blood?”
“In like two weeks, Kai is going to ship me to Europe with Logan and James.”
I rethought something for a moment.
“Kai is four hundred eighty three years old?”
“Pretty old for a someone who is twenty one. He has more experience than Dakota. This is basically his coven and when she moves out-which she will- he’ll lead the coven.”
“So what you are saying is that Dakota is useless to the family and that Kai has all the power?”
“Basically. He raised all of them and trained them while Dakota took the credit. He was her puppet and knew it. He didn’t know how to start a coven though so he just took over hers.”
“Wow.”
“Well I’ve got to leave have fun with your slumber party.”
And on that note he was gone and out the door.
“We should go to bed.” Mikayla noted.
I laid across the top of the bed while she laid on the bottom. I drifted off to sleep and woke up with Mikayla hovering over me. I checked the clock: six in the morning.
“I’m getting in the shower.” She informed me.
“Are you taking Blitz with you?”
“Yes.”
“I’ll be eating breakfast.”
“Meet you there.”
She walked off towards the bathroom and I headed for the door and down the steps. I could smell food coming from the kitchen as Maria flipped another pancake. Kai was sitting on the counter in a crouch. Hands between his legs gripping the edge for support.
“Are you hungry?” Maria asked, setting a plate of pancakes in front of me.
“Thank you.”
“I’ll be messing with the weather If you need me.”
“Ok.”
She walked off and I started to devour the pancakes.
“Good morning.” Kai’s velvet voice filled the room.
“Morning.”
“How was your night?”
“How was your night?”
“Pete has the attention span of a squirrel.”
“What did you expect? You made a vampire out of the average teenage skater boy.”
“I should have known better.” He laughed.
“Four hundred eighty three years of it and I would think that you would know.”
“How do you know how old I am?”
“Pete told me.”
He shrugged and their was a shrill bark before Blitz ran in the room with something in his mouth. He jumped up at Kai on the counter who quickly caught him in his hand. Kai set Blitz next to him and grabbed what was in his mouth. He held it out to me. They were Mikayla’s clothes. Blitz wagged his tail as if wanting praised for his robbery. Mikayla ran down the steps in her underwear right after I recognized the fabrics.
“Blitz!” She yelled.
Kai stared at her as she walked to him, grabbing her clothes and an excited Blitz.
“Will you please stop staring at me?” She asked him sweetly.
He looked away quickly and a bruised color came to his cheeks. Was he blushing from embarrassment? She slipped on the clothes and grabbed a pancake putting it on a plate and sitting next to me, setting Blitz on the table.
“Did you cut your hair?” I asked her.
“Yes it bothers me when it’s long.”
“I thought it looked nice.”
“Thank you.”
Blitz ran off the table and jumped back up to Kai. He held him gently and glanced quickly at Mikayla. She smiled gently and continued eating.
“These pancakes are good.” She commented.
“Maria made them.”
“She’s a good cook.”
“I know.”
“I’m sure heaven is made of these blueberry pancakes.”
“I’m sure you are right.”
“You two need to get to school.” Kai said
We both walked out the door and he followed. School went the same but I talked to Noah some more and the same with Valentine. When I went into the Ms. Hancock’s classroom Kai was in his place staring at Paige. The boy next to her was gone today so she had her things in his seat. Ms. Hancock sat on her desk again and winked at Kai. Paige grinded her teeth together and clutched her hand into fist.
“Today we are going to talk about a family that most people haven’t heard of: the Owen family.”
When she said this Paige’s eyes grew wide and she shot an SOS glance at Kai.
“The Owen family was an extremely wealthy family who lived in New Jersey in 1765. One day the family disappeared and only their youngest daughter Paige was left. She lived with the family dog, Treasure, a Great Dane. Paige swore the family was attacked by ‘bloodsucking monsters’ one day and at the age of five was thrown into a psychiatric hospital. In 1846 scientist researched the families death and found the bodies of Phoebe and Charles Owen but the body of their oldest daughter, Chasidy was missing. They unburied Paige’s body for clues but found the grave empty. There was a search for the girl’s body until 1853 when they couldn’t find the body and decided to say that the body was burned.”
The bell rang and everyone sighed in relief since her voice gave everyone a major headache. Kai and Paige were already up and out of the room before I was out of my seat. I looked in the hallway spying him kissing her. He let go of her and they walked to the cafeteria together, his arm around her waist. At lunch we all sat together but Paige looked away and Kai still had his hand on her waist.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Nothingbetterthanawesomeness said...
I think your story is ok, but work on explaining things more; i was confused about a lot of things, like if Logan was a boy or girl.