Stroke of Midnight chpt 1

Author's note: i hope u all like this
Author's note: i hope u all like this  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next »

Changes

Everyone got up at the same time walking to out cars in the parking lot. Mikayla followed my car to the house since she still had trouble finding the entrance through the forest. She skipped to the door and I followed her unlocking it for her. She ran in the house and to the kitchen where Kai waited with a blue box. She quickly snatched it out of his hand and threw off the lid. A small white ball jumped out at her and Kai laughed. She pulled it away from her face and smiled, jumping up and down. She was about to hug Kai but she stopped herself.
“What is it?” I asked feeling completely idiotic.
“It’s a teacup Maltese puppy.”
“Have a name?”
“Blitz.”
“Blitz?”
“It sounds like a smoothie name.”
“Like blueberry blitz?”
“Or strawberry blitz.”
“Maybe even mango blitz.”
“Why you two talk about smoothies and dogs I’m going to watch some football. If you need anything talk to Will about it.” Kai interrupted.
“Why Will?” I had to ask.
“He’s nineteen he’ll know the most about…eighteen year old girls.”
“You make it sound like an insult.” Mikayla remarked but he was already out of the room.
I took her up to my bedroom, locking the door behind me. She set Blitz on the bed who walked in circles for a while before jumping onto a pillow.
“Why would he get you a dog of all things?”
“I like dogs.”
“I guess that is explainable.”
“Kai likes football?”
“I guess so.”
“I’m not the one to be a peeper, but do you know what everyone does at night or even at all?”
“I’ve never thought about it. I’m sure they just sit there though.”
“Do you know what Kai does at night?”
“Listens to his IPod.”
“What happened with you and Kai earlier when he passed you the ring?”
“This really weird shock went through my whole body and I was paralyzed for a minute. Then It felt like something sawed at my finger so I bit it to get rid of the feeling.”
“Oh.” That’s not what I thought happened.
Blitz jumped in her arms and she hugged him to her face.
“What is Will’s problem with me? Every time I see him he seems to have to pick a fight with me.”
“That isn’t true.”
“Yes it is.”
“Well Kai has been trying to talk to me about college. When I was in the hospital he told me that he would have to leave when I went to college and that he would never come back.”
“He’s just going to ditch you?”
“That’s what I’ve been saying but he doesn’t understand. Then he has been keeping this big secret from me.”
“What’s the big secret?”
“I was getting to that. He said that if I was dying he would do something to keep me alive but he won’t tell me what he just changes the subject back to college.”
“Why haven’t you looked it up? It probably has to do with something in his nature that he doesn’t want you to know. I’m sure there are plenty of vampire websites on the internet. I mean he probably doesn’t want you to see him hunt but you could look it up on the internet and see how it works.”
She grabbed my laptop and set in in my lap, moved herself to sit next to me, then adjusted Blitz.
“What do I put in the search bar.” I sounded like an idiot.
“Type in ‘vampires’ ”
A list came down and I clicked the first one on the list.
“Now what?”
“Click on the ‘venom’ section.”
I did as she said and clicked on a paragraph reading it out loud for Mikayla.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Nothingbetterthanawesomeness said...
I think your story is ok, but work on explaining things more; i was confused about a lot of things, like if Logan was a boy or girl.