HARRY POTTER CONTINUED

Author's note: I was inspired by J.K. Rowling to write this piece.
Author's note: I was inspired by J.K. Rowling to write this piece.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33 Next »

The Second Wedding

The next day seemed to happen in a daze. Hermione was rushed out of bed bright and early in the morning. George, Harry, and Percy claimed Ron as their own, giving last minute tips, fixing his messy red hair, and straightening his tie. Ron just went along with all of it, nodding, wishing he could be with Hermione again. Personally, he wanted this to be all over so he could get Hermione with him again. It felt like the wedding was something so unnecessary.
Nevertheless, Ron went with the motions and agreed to anything anyone said, thinking hard about Hermione’s soft curls. So beautiful…imagine her in that wedding dress mum cooked up…gorgeous stuff…
“Blimey! Are you paying any attention? Snap out of it, mate! You’ve got to listen! As I was saying, be careful not to trip over those ridiculously large feet of yours…”
“Make sure you don’t step on Hermione’s dress or mum’ll have a fit…”
“Greet all the guests and don’t…”
Ron started daydreaming again, his face crumpling into a lovesick grin. He could already picture the two of them on the beach by Shell Cottage, sitting on a swingset, sipping ice tea while the hot sunlight warmed their skin…he would snog her then-
“RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY ARE YOU PAYING ANY ATTENTION AT ALL?” George yelled. He took up his wand and shouted, “AGUAMENTI!”
Cool, crystal clear water burst from the tip of his wand, drenching Ron in a bath of water.
“Bloody hell! What was that for?” Ron roared. He quickly muttered under his breath and his clothes dried immediately.
“Someone had to wake you up from your stupid daydreams.” Percy stated. Ron turned red.
Finally, the four of them trooped outside, ready to greet the guests. Hermione was told to stay inside until it was time for the ceremony to start, so Ron had to greet the guests alone.
“Oh my, Ronald Weasley all grown up. Wouldn’t have imagined the day. Oh, but the day came, the day came. Soon there’ll be another fresh batch of Weasleys coming through the door. Mark my words…mark my words…”
“Yes…yes…” Ron muttered, escorting her to a chair.
When Ron went back to the front of the line he saw Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Dean Thomas, Professor McGonagall, Hagrid, and Krum waiting for him, all smiling widely.
“Ron! Congrats, mate! Dean shouted.
“I would’ve never guessed that you would marry Hermione. She always seemed to smart for you. But nevertheless…a good match…” Luna said in her dreamy voice.
“Er…thanks.” Ron said. “Your seats are over there…”
“Blimey, Ron! Married at last!”
“Neville! So good to see you!” Ron said happily.
“Yeah, you too. I’m a professor at Hogwarts now.” Neville said proudly.
“That’s great!”
“Ah, Ronald Weasley, always the clumsy, loyal one.” Professor McGonagall said, wrapping a very tall Ron in an embrace. He awkwardly hugged her then half-smiled.
“Good to see you to, Professor McGonagall.”
Right when professor McGonagall turned away, Hagrid clapped Ron hard on the back.
“Not spittin’ slugs anymor’, ar’ yeh?” Hagrid joked. Ron’s wand had backfired during second year, causing him to throw up slugs.
“Nope…” Ron laughed.
“Ron.” Krum nodded, his face serious.
“Krum.” Ron matched his seriousness.
“Well…erm…congratulations…Hermione…yeah…” Krum seemed at lost for words. He looked extremely jealous. “Treat her right, will you?” Krum asked.
“Yeah…’course.” Ron snapped, sticking his hands in his pockets.
After a longer line than Harry’s due to all his countless aunts and cousins, the wedding was finally starting. Ron took his place by the shirt tufty wizard who was at the last wedding and waited for the ceremonial marriage song to start.
Tropical fish burst out of a small silver diamond-like shell on top of a delicate archway made of clear, hovering, turquoise water. Small fish were swimming inside the delicate looking archway. The song started and one of Ron’s younger cousins slowly walked down the aisle, carrying a small shell that ejected delicate, glittering bubbles into the air behind her.
In the middle of the song, there was an excited gasp. Everyone turned around to look.
There was Hermione, hovering slightly in the air, piles of bubbles around the bottom of her dress. Her dress clung to every curve and it seemed to flow on forever. It was sheer yet a murky bright aqua. A simple white flower was tucked behind one ear, the rest of her hair glowing, wavy and flowing free. The dress was bewitched to have baby colorful fish swimming through it. The dress seemed to be moving, flowing with her every graceful move. A string of the finest pearls decorated Hermione’s neck and a thin circlet of white sea-foam held a veil that looked like an elegant waterfall. Two finely dressed mermaids held Hermione’s graceful train that spread out six feet behind her.
The sound of rushing waves slipping on the beach was heard and a few seagulls flew overhead. The sand on the ground seemed to glow a bright golden, deliciously warm to the touch.
Hermione grasped Ron’s hand when she reached the front. Ron looked into her eyes and saw the fierce, determined love she had for him. He looked back at her with a passionate, burning desire.
“We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls…” The short wizard began.
Ginny was crying, smiling and laughing at the same time. Harry was grinning widely, throwing a thumbs-up. Mrs. Weasley had her face buried into Mr. Weasley’s cot. Mr. Weasley dabbed his eyes and smiled again.
“Do you, Ronald Weasley, take Hermione Granger…”
Ron saw Professor McGonagall crying and Hagrid putting a comforting arm around her shoulders.
“I do.”
Percy was dabbing his eyes delicately, his arm around his mousy-haired girlfriend, Emma. Pixies and fairies zoomed over the crowd throwing handfuls of sparkling fairy dust, causing the air to shimmer and turn. The guests gasped in delight.
“…then I declare you bonded for life.”
The tufty-haired wizard raised his wand high over the heads of Ron and Hermione and a silver mist curled around their entwined fingers. The mist suddenly exploded into a shower of golden light, causing the room to turn exceedingly bright. The light faded, but the thin shadow of the tightly wound silver mist stayed by their clasped hands.
The crowd clapped and whooped loudly as Ron dipped Hermione gracefully into a deep kiss. Both were deep red when they came back to the present. Arm in arm, they proudly strode down the aisle. Hermione could barely make out everyone’s blurred faces through her overflowing tears.
The small wizard once again raised his arms dramatically and all the wedding decorations disappeared. Soft, silky, warm sand ringed a transparent glass dance floor with a lake underneath filled with gorgeous jewel encrusted mermaids, gentle, mysterious water nymphs, tropical fish and other breath-taking treasures of the sea. The sweet perfume of tropical flowers and the soothing melody of island instruments filled the air.
Mrs. Weasley waved her wand and Ron and Hermione’s clothes became more appropriate for their surroundings. Hermione had on a diamond-studded white beach dress over a striking gold bikini and Ron’s strong shoulders pronounced a handsome, loose, white shirt that moved gently in the breeze.
Ron took Hermione’s hand and led her onto the dance floor for their first dance.
“Is this what you imagined?” Ron asked, his lips close to Hermione’s ear lobe.
“Better.” Hermione said, her voice choked with emotion. “I seriously would’ve never…ever…thought that it would be like…like…” For the first time in her lifetime, Hermione was at loss for words.
Ron put a finger to her lips to silence her stuttering. A new smooth confidence seemed to overcome Ron. His usual embarrassment and clumsiness had disappeared. With Hermione in his arms, he twirled around and around in elegant circles till the sun turned to twilight in the sky.

msoledadvc said...

I love it until chapter 16. Even though Harry and Hermione could've something from the beggining of the series, it's no excuse to lead them all into unfortunate endings. I don't like this thing of Harry-cheating-pregnant-Ginny and Hermione-cheating-Ron, nor this wolfish thing about Zenrir-Hermione (it's too much copy on Twilight).

Well, after all, I think it is a very good book and that you are an amazing writer. Not everybody has the ability to bring Harry Potter's characters to live,... (more »)

TeardropsInAprilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm :
Keep in touch! (:

nicereader9898 said...
I am a BIG Harry Potter fan and i have always wanted to know what could have happened after harry defeated Voldemort. Then, you came along. That was absolutley amazing. Please hurry finishing cause i am dieing to read more!

kristinlovespottermoreThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 10:11 pm :
I am a HUGE fan too! :) Thanks so much! There is more ont he way bvut very hard to balance with water polo and school! Lol :D

DamonSalvatore1864 said...
I love this...but the whole cheating thing with Hermione? Not cool. Seriously though, only a true fan would see the closeness between Hermione and Harry. More power to you :)

Oct. 25, 2011 at 10:10 pm :
Haha thanks..?

mimirocks124 said...
altho i dont like the cliffhanger ending or the harry/hermione love thing, i totally LOVE this! its incredibly realistic and you managed to make the characters sound exactly like the original book! fantastic job!

Sept. 7, 2011 at 8:37 pm :
Aw...you didn't like the Harry/Hermione thing? The reason why i threw that in there was becasue ever since the first book, I always thought they would be together but obviously not, but I had to throw it in! Lol and I'm not done yet! It's not a cliffhanger lol! But thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

mimirocks124 replied...
Sept. 10, 2011 at 10:17 am :

i see why you threw it in, because theyve always had thing, i just dont like harry cheating on ginny. but when you finish the next one let me know!

Sept. 10, 2011 at 3:34 pm :
Yeah lol they did always have a thing. But yeah, jujst wait and see what happens about the Ginny thing. I think you'll enjoy if you're a ginny weasley fan. (i'm not....really...) lol

anotherwriterindisguise said...

sorry i have more to say...

some of the dialogue is a bit too long so i suggest you shorten it. and some of the thoughts were too long too. BUT ALL IN ALL THIS WAS SO AMAZING I LITERALLY CRIED READING THIS! YOU DEVELOPED ALL THE CHARACTERS WELL AND DIDN'T LOSE ANY CHARACTER. WRITE WRITE WRITE!!!!

Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:56 pm :
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll work on it. and I will write write write ASAP! :D

anotherwriterindisguise replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:59 pm :
I also have another question about the Malfoy scene? Was that really neccessary? ANd I thought he didn't marry Pansy Parkington......

Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:02 pm :
Yes, I've gotten complaints about it earlier this week so I went back and I changed it on my home computer, just not on Teenink. If you would like, I could send you the revised copy. I changed to to Malfoy not being married yet. And I made ther conversation much sorter and too the point. And yes, I went on J.K.'s site and it said that Malfoy was married to someone random (I forgot her name). But I really love your enthusiasm thanks girl!

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm :
*waves* if I may interject, Malfoy married Astoria Greengrass. This character is very cryptic, but JKR herself described Astoria as "the Anti-Pansy," and therefore I ship Draco/Astoria. *sagacious nod.* :)

Oct. 8, 2011 at 11:22 pm :
*waves back* thanks for the info! wait u "ship" them? huh? lol

Oct. 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm :
I think it's short for "relationship," which, come to think of it, makes no sense as a verb. O_o It just means you support stories written about two characters being together, or just the idea of them involved romantically or as friends. :)

Oct. 9, 2011 at 8:46 pm :
 thanks!  i feel awkwardly dumb..... lol (:

Oct. 9, 2011 at 9:41 pm :
Haha, it's fine. :) I didn't know that four months ago. :P

Oct. 9, 2011 at 11:10 pm :
hahaha lol and if you have any work, I'd like to see!:)

Oct. 10, 2011 at 8:30 am :
Sure! :) I have a lot of stuff up... if you're looking only for fanfiction, I have "The Young Artist" (about Tom Riddle) and "Myrtle: Not a Love Story" (about Moaning Myrtle and Draco Malfoy). I'll read more of this book, too... it's really good!