A Rose Without Thorns, Still Called a Rose?

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Sweet Detention

~Chloe~
I sighed as I stepped into my last class of the day, taking a deep breath. I loved Potion's, it was the only class I really ever paid attention to. I took my seat next to Draco Malfoy, a blonde headed boy with an overly large ego. He slipped me a note asking if I would join him and his family for dinner after Graduation, I scribbled a quick yes.
Everyone hated the Potion's professor, Severus Snape, but I found him so....fascinating. I smiled as Professor Snape made his way inside,
:D <3
directions to our assignment appearing on the board as he sat behind his desk. My classmates and I went to work.
As the final bell was ringing we bottled up our potions, each labeled without names and shuffled off to the Great Hall for dinner. I plopped down next to Raven James at the Slytherin table, close to the professor's and even closer to Professor Snape. I tore my gaze away from the potions professor and ate, chatting away with classmates, complaining about the homework (which wasn't very hard at all) and just having a great time.
When dinner had ended everyone went to their common rooms to "sleep", I jumped straight into bed, and I wasn't very up to partying tonight. I drifted into a slumber:
I was peacefully drawing the Black Lake, sitting under that sad, little, limp tree by the edge of the lake. From the shadows emerged Fenrir Greyback, his hand caressed my cheek, sending a cold shiver down my spine. A scream became trapped beneath my pale lips...
I awoke, covered in a cold sweat, my alarm blaring. I groaned slamming it off, my whole body shaking. After a nice hot shower, I had finally calmed down enough to dress and reach down to the Great Hall for breakfast, being late for that showed today was not going to be a good day for me.
I sat down and starred down at my empty plate, my stomach churning at the mere thought of food. "What's wrong?" Raven leaned over and asked, I just shrugged. I sighed and looked up at Professor Snape; I was surprised to find his black eyes fixed on me. There was something different about him. Remorse? Love? I shook my head, impossible....
As the day went on I felt further and further away from everyone else. I walked along the corridor, on my way to Potion's {Late}, sliding my hands along the cold, stone walls. I slipped into class, thankful Professor Snape's back was turned, inches from my seat..... "Your twenty minutes late, Mrs. Winters. Detention! Take Your Seat..." He said, not even bothering to turn around.
"Detention?" I murmured. "Yes! Detention! Now Take Your Seat, Chloe!" I did as I was told. 'He never calls people by their first names...' I thought.
When the bell rang, I stayed behind.
I slowly stood from my seat and slumped over to his desk; he put down his paper and looked at me. "Mrs. Winter do you know why you are here?" He asked, staring at me, I nodded. "I was late for class, sir." "Yes. I do not want to see you fall behind." He said to me, I looked at the ground. I was so busy looking at the stone floor that I hadn't noticed Professor Snape stand and walk behind me. "You an amazing student, Chloe." He muttered, brushing the hair from my face, causing me to look up at him. The urge to kiss him burned so intensely inside her. "Yes, sir."
Before I knew what I was doing I had turned, leaned forward and softly kissed him AS I pulled back Professor Snape kissed me back, before finally letting me pull away. I slowly pulled my gaze back to the floor. I noticed his fits were clenched 'why..?' "Get...Out..." He choked out, I looked up once more and saw the one thing I never dreamed of seeing on his face, Tears, and they were sliding gently down his soft face. "Get. OUT!" He roared, I took off running, up the stairs, past the Great Hall, where everyone was eating; out the front doors and into the Forbidden Forest. I no longer cared that Death was waiting for me in the Forest; I just needed a place to be alone.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

msoledadvc said...
I support the comments above. It's a little unrealistic and messed up a few things but it is very nice. Write more! I want to know what is happens...

secretlypoetic said...
This book was interesting, but also very unrealistic... I would be very interested to know why she already hated Lucius, and why Fenrir was able to get to her. I like your writing style though!

Your_Beautiful_Lies replied...
Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:18 am :
Yeah, this book is still a work in progress. The reasons to her hateful spite towards Lucius is coming very soon, as well as the reasons behind why Fenrir gets to her so well. :)

Your_Beautiful_Lies said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 7:46 am:
Haha Yes I know there was the how Wizarding Worl battle, but I didn't want so much drama in the begining so I cut that out. xD And thank you, your nice comments make me write more. :)

DinoNugget said...
May 21, 2011 at 9:24 pm:
This was a wonderful story.  I liked it very much, but there is one thing that irks me a little.  Around Draco's graduation time, there was the whole Hogwarts battle, and Snape died.  That's my only real problem.  Unless Draco was a year younger than her...?  Although, I don't think the years mix during classes.  Your writing style was very good.  Keep up the good work.  Write on!

Your_Beautiful_Lies said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:39 am:

I wanted to base this story on a rare thing that happens to some young girls to rais peoples awareness on it. :)

Ys sorry about that i got all worked up in my writing and often forget! :O

More is coming!

bahannahpeelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I liked this story, it kind of freaked me out a little though. Is Chloe exceptionally beautiful, so all the older men want a go at her?

Also, somtimes in the first person you used 'he'. I know that can get confusing--I do it all the time!

I liked it. the ending was a bit unrealistic, but good. Is there more? I'd love to read it