New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Lost Halo

Author's note: I hope everyone will thing this book as a fascinating and inspiring story and to remember that...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope everyone will thing this book as a fascinating and inspiring story and to remember that not everyone is who you think they are. In other words, "Be careful who you choose as your allies."  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Found

“Give it to me, Jocelyn. I can give you the perfect life. The one that you’ve always dreamed of when you can’t sleep. You would be happier than before your grandpa died,” whispered all the blond angels with the flowing white dresses that rotated around her.
“No. Give it to me,” the racing pale faces mouthed, “I could give you back your grandpa and all other people you love.”
“Wait…are you both trying to bribe me into giving it to you?” she whispered and then screamed, “You…you…you took them. Why? What did they ever do to you? You’re both just selfish brats who want to take over! Why would I ever choose either one of you? Leave me alone!” Both of them were reaching for something bright in her hand.
“You’ll have to give it to one of us eventually,” they both said in unison. She could feel the many hands searching her as she clutched what they were looking for in her hands.”

“NEVER!” Jocelyn sat upright in her cotton bed, panting hard, and clutching her pillow like it was her source of life. Aaron raced down the hall, holding the door handle to stop from going any further down the hallway, and kicked the door open, “What happened? Was it the dream again? Joss, you really have to grab a hold of yourself. I thought you said that you could control when the visions came.”
“I can. Well, all but this one. This vision was different, much different.”
He put his hand on Joss shoulder then immediately backed away, “Oh god. You’re drenched in sweat. Quickly change before you get cold and fall sick.” Jocelyn was panting so hard that she could hardly speak as she nodded. Aaron sauntered out the door and closed it behind him. While changing into her extra sleeping gown and sitting on her bed to cool down, she thought about her awesome life with lots of money, friends, and clothes before her grandpa died. Everything was like it was supposed to be. Nice. Rich. Beautiful. Perfect.
Then she thought about her life after her grandpa died. They were running out of food and people that were willing to help them. Aaron was the only person that she could fully trust to always have her back. She had known him since birth. Both of their families had lived together before they disappeared and left the two toddlers and grandpa alone.
She could feel fresh tears roll down her cheeks as she sobbed.

Aaron knocked on the door, “You done changing?”
“Yea. You can come in now,” she sniffled as she wiped the tears from her face.
“Now tell me what…,” Aaron began.
“They know where we are,” Jocelyn stated.
“What?” Aaron said disbelieving.
“They know where we are.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Darbs1325This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 17, 2012 at 6:16 pm:
I wasnt able to go to the next page(Stupid computer problems), but What I was able to read was great! keep up the great writing and I hope one day, I'll hear of a book that was published by you... :D

icecreamgirl15 said...
May 13, 2012 at 1:05 pm:

sounds like a good book! il check it out soon

Allicat001 said...
This is a really interesting topic and I hope you'll post more to this story:) Only thing I would do is to elaborate on Joss's feelings a little more throughout, but otherwise I really like this!

Kylah replied...
Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:23 pm :
Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitly start posting new chapters :D

C.K.Snow said...
This seems like a very interesting novel. I'll check it out.