We're All In This Together

Author's note: While reading this short story, I want people to realize how important it is to work together to gain what they want.
Author's note: While reading this short story, I want people to realize how important it is to work together to gain what they want.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

The Machine

Once upon a time, there was a white, blued-eyed bunny. He lived with his animal friends and in his castle. It wasn’t actually a castle and it wasn’t far, far away, but it was paradise to this bunny. Until, that one day when everything terrible happened…

“Darn.” muttered Pancakes, the white bunny.

“Is everything alright?” asked Sally, the squirrel.

“I guess,” replied Pancakes, “It’s just that the food supply is almost gone.”

“It’s o.k. We can get more berries and carrots in the forest,” said Sally, while Pancakes was shaking his head, “Why are you shaking your head?”

“I guess someone else emptied out the forest.” stated Pancakes.

“I’m taking a look for myself.” said Sally, hopping from tree to tree, until she was out of sight. Pancakes started to hop toward his hole with only a few more carrots. He picked up the newspaper he stole from a house.

“Daily News. Forest getting ___ down.” said Pancakes. How can I not know this word? I’m suppose to be the intelligent animal. Pancakes curled up into his bed made of leaves.

Pancakes woke up, startled. “You scared me,” exclaimed Pancakes, “What’s up?”

“There was a big… huge… enormous animal. I… I don’t know what kind of animal, but it was yellow! Did you ever hear of an animal like that?” Sally stuttered, mortified.

“What are you talking about?” asked Pancakes as all of the other animals started to gather around him and Sally. Every animal was either curious or scared or both.

“I think we should go see this huge, yellow creature.” requested Chip, the chipmunk.

“Are you sure you saw something or was it just hunger loss,” asked Billy, the bear, “or are you using your imagination again?”

“I promise. I would not lie,” said Sally, looking at the animals faces, “again. I’ll show you. Follow me and don’t run slow. I know you guys run slowly.”

“That’s because you are the fastest animal in this forest.” reported Ryan, the raccoon.

“Just keep up.” growled Sally and started to run.

“Hide behind these bushes so we wouldn’t get caught.” explained Sally. Every animal looked around, surprised and disbelieved. Pancakes just stared at this big creature.
“How can this be?” asked Stella, the skunk. Stella ran over to her baby and hugged him.

“Mommy don’t be scared. Everything will be alright. Didn’t you always say, ‘Everything works out for a reason’?” said Stella’s baby.

“I know honey.” said Stella. All of the animals seemed frozen in the same position they were in when they saw the creature. Every single animal was staring at this creature, like it was some kind of god or goddess.

“What do you think it is, Pancakes.” asked Sally.

“How am I supposed to know,” muttered Pancakes, “I don’t know everything. Animals are not that smart. Humans are.”

“You don’t know what that machine is?” asked a surprised voice. Everyone looked up from their position. All they saw was a hedgehog. The hedgehog was really small and spiky. Most of the animals in the forest never saw a hedgehog before. In fact, the only animal that ever saw a hedgehog was Pancakes, but that’s only because he explores a lot.

“What are you talking about,” asked Chip, “and what are you? You know what this creature is?”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Vishwa G. said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:20 am:
Hey it is superb budy your story is true