New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

THE BEAST

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 Next »

The field

After I got home I ran up stairs to my room, to bring my suitcases down so I wouldn’t have to drag them downstairs in the morning.

“So heavy! What did I pack a boulder! Gosh!” I huffed as I dragged them down the stairs.

“Whats all the racket!”shouted my stepmother.

“Oh, I’m just dragging my suitcase down the stairs” I called back.

“Don’t ruin the stairs!” she yelled.

As usual, she didn’t say: (like a normal mom would)

“Do you need help” or “Oh honey let me get those for you!” or, “Sweetie! don’t break your back!”

She just said: “Don’t ruin the stairs!”. Like hello! the stairs aren’t made of living flesh and bones!

Instead of saying that, I just lift the suitcases up and heaved them down the stairs.

“Don’t worry! I didn’t hurt your precious stairs!” I called to my stepmother.

“Good!” she said. Then I walked up to my bedroom and slammed the door. Tomorrow. . . Was going to be. . . BIG. . .

I woke and then remembered. . . today was the big day! The field trip!

I ran to my closet and wrenched on a black sweater and some jeans. Then went into the bathroom to put my hair in a ponytail.

“Come on Kayla! I have to drop you off!” shouted my stepmother.

“OK! coming!” I yelled back. I ran down the stairs and all the way out the door. Crap! I thought. I didn’t have any breakfast! to late for that! I thought as I climbed into the big black Saturn.

The car started to rumble and head south to my school. Hurry! I don’t want to miss the bus! and I don’t think my stepmother wants me to miss it ether! I thought to myself.

When we got to school, I got out of the car to see my friends sitting on the sidewalk waiting for me, as I unloaded the trunk.

“Bye!” I said to my stepmother as I headed for my friends.

“Bye bye!” she called back.

Creep! I thought, just plain creepy!

“Whoa! did your stepmother just say bye to you? please tell me I’m wrong, because I’m starting to get the feeling your stepmother is intending for you to stay at the camp for good” said Cura.

“Yeah I got the shivers to, first the good morning, now the bye! what next an a aggressive hug?” I said.

“Come on maybe shes just being nice. Your stepmother wasn’t all that bad” replied Mason.

Cura and I looked at each other and laughed as we walked toward the bus.

“Are you insane Mason! My stepmother, being nice! Ha! I don’t think so! Shes just happy and being creepy nice because I’m leaving!” I replied still laughing my guts out.

“Well at least she said something” he said.

“Yeah, whatever, while you daydream of her ever being nice, wand boy, I’m in reality thinking about how awesome this field trip is going to be!” I replied as I climbed on the bus with my suit case.

After I set my suitcase in a holder and sat down I got out my book called: “The Warrior” By: Jared k. Diamond, and began to read.

“Um hello?! why are you reading? don’t you want to talk about how exciting this trip is going to be?” asked Cura.

“No, I already no it’s going to be great” I replied simply.

“Well, your no fun” Cura said.

“Yeah I know” I replied and returned back to my book. At least three hours past, and we were finally at Shadow Camp.

“Were!” shouted Cura, right into my ear.

“Gosh! I don’t need a hearing aid! I could hear perfectly,until you yelled into it! Ugh! I already have my stepmother yelling at me! not you to!” I complained.

“Well that’s what you get for not talking to me! You just sat there and read that stupid book!” Cura shot back.

“ Well, I was at a good part in my book and I wanted to read!” I defended myself.

“Whatever! can we just put it behind us? I don’t want to fight while were here” Cura replied.

“Fine” I replied curtly.

We were now officially at Shadow Camp. . .

hydes13 said...
the story was very interesting..if i say so myself. But, the author of this piece had a few gramatic errors. Once he/she gets more exprienced little or no errors will be there. P.S. It should have been longer.  

Free.SpiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 5 at 10:21 am :
Thanks for posting! And yeah,  I do have a lot of grammatical errors in this story, it was my first, and I also need to work on lengthening my stories XD    ~ Free :)(;

Hadi I. said...
Jul. 8, 2012 at 10:37 am:

I've read the comments first and i thought it will be bored when the comment said it's like twillight.But personally, it is different. I love its timeline~Really like ur story :D

From beginning story, i already thrilled!

Free.Me.Maybe.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:38 pm :

Thank you so much! And thanks for reading my story! It's greatly appreciated!

~ Free :)(:

Hadi I. replied...
Jul. 8, 2012 at 10:46 pm :
Welcome..! keep going and never stop write,ok?  :)

Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:17 pm :
Oh don't worry! I will NEVER stop writing until I get published!!! :D Thanks for for the comments! :D:D I'm working on the sequal now! :)

Hadi I. replied...
Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:00 pm :

U means sequel ? wow.. that's GREAT ! :D

Nway, wish u good luck for ur work..dnt worri u'll get published~
PEACE :B

Free.Flying.Fallen.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:22 pm :

Awww, thanks! :D I just need to work on grammar and lengthning my stories :)

~Free :)(:

Hadi I. replied...
Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:57 pm :

Yupp. You hve talent and i can see ur hardwork there. :D 

Nway,sorry bcoz im don't have any story/book to share.Heee i have no talent in this field.So, people like you please dnt waste ur talent~ :)

PEACE :B

Free.Happy.Person.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 23, 2012 at 8:36 am :
Thank you for reading and commenting! I do really appreciate it! :D   ~Free :)(:

CountryPopGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:10 pm:
I <3 the cover. It looks REALLY COOL ;)

Winged.Living.Free.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:23 pm :
thank you soooo much! Did you like the book? :)(:

CountryPopGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 2:07 pm :

Sorry, only looked at the cover.

I'll post again when I finish it.

Although, from the summary, it sounds REALLY good.

Feb. 26, 2012 at 2:08 pm :
Thank you so much! And I hope you like it! :)(:

Feb. 26, 2012 at 3:03 pm :
OMG!!! This was SOOOOO GOOD. I my mind, i imagined the beast as a cross between a werewolf and a vampire. You should TOTALLY make a sequel. Also, I don't know why, but this reminds me of 1 of your other books Problems of a Ten Year Old Girl (probably because I read it before this). Anyway, Both are REALLY GOOD. Keep on writing! :D

Feb. 26, 2012 at 5:05 pm :
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!! You made my day!!!! Yeah, and I'm still writing the sequel. Its probably not going to be done for a while because I have SOOO many other stories I have to finish! Thanks for reading and commenting on my stories! :)(:

Feb. 26, 2012 at 5:57 pm :

That's okay. I bet it'll still be good.

By the way, do you think you could read my book: We Are Who We Are

It also has a "supernatural" creature. 

The book has "beasts" in it also.

Feb. 26, 2012 at 6:47 pm :
yeah! I would love to read it!!!! But I have to get off right now! I'm looking forward to reading it!!! :)(:

Winged.Living.Free.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:56 pm:
Just so you know, I switched my username to: Winged.Living.Free from writerfreak21231 :)(:

MaxRide said...
Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:43 am:
I love it! I like that you added my name in there too :) That was sweet. Write more, I love your work!