Diary of a Teenage Sociopath

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

An Inch from Death

~~~
We sat in the waiting room of the hospital for hours while the doctors tried to fix Lilly; my mother cried the whole time. Nicky’s continuous staring was seriously starting to wear on me. I tried to ignore her until I couldn’t take it anymore. I lifted my head and looked at her with a fierce gaze. She became tense, but didn’t look away. We stared each other down. ‘If she had any intelligence, she wouldn’t be doing this,’ I thought.
The voice of the doctor finally
I'm writing a sequil to this that I'm going to post when I'm done.
broke our stare. “Mr. and Mrs. Fuller?” he said. My father jumped out of his chair and walked to the doctor, and my mother followed. “She’s in stable condition at the moment.” he said quietly. I had to strain my ears to hear him. “But her leg suffered a spiral fracture, and-”
“A spiral fracture?” interrupted my mother with alarm.
“A spiral fracture,” the doctor explained, “is when the bone is literally twisted sideways so hard that it snaps. Your daughters’ was actually a fairly minor one. In severe cases, the foot might be turned so it is facing completely backwards.” My mother went pale. ‘Looks like someone needs to work on there bed-side manor,’ I thought sarcastically.
“But as I said,” the doctor continued, “hers’ is a minor one. She also has an open fracture in her wrist, and she has a concussion. She broke six of her ribs and completely shattered two. Her xiphoid process was also broken; cutting into her liver. We managed to stop the internal bleeding, but she lost a lot of blood and is receiving a transfusion. Luckily she won’t need a transplant.
“We’re taking more x-rays, but it appears that she might also have broken some vertebrae. Her overall condition is bad, but it could have been a lot worse.” He hesitated and then continued, “You said that she fell down the stairs?” the doctor asked. My father looked at him warily, “Yes. My other daughter Erin saw what happened.” He turned and waved for me to come. I sighed and walked to them. “Erin,” the doctor asked, “you saw what happened?”
“Yes. I was just walking out of my room when I saw her fall.” I said trying to make myself sound devastated.
“And she just fell?” He asked doubtfully. “What was she doing?”
“Her and my cousin we’re playing hide and seek. She was counting at the top of the stairs and must have lost her balance.”
“Hum…” he thought for a moment, “Thank you Erin. You can sit down now.” I walked to my seat and sat down. Nicky glared at me and we continued our little staring game. “Can we see her?” my mother asked hopefully.
“Of course, this way.” He started down the hall, and my parents followed.
I broke away from Nicky’s stare and watched them go down the hall. I jumped and ran after them.
I followed them to a room that smelled of antiseptic and medicine. They didn’t seem to know that I was following them, so I waited out side the door and listened to what they were saying. “Oh Lilly!” I heard my mother say with terror. My curiosity got the better of me and I looked inside the door. Lilly was lying on a bed with a respirator on her face and she had an I.V. in her arm. I never had seen anybody with as many cuts or bruises as she had. I quickly pulled my head back around as the doctor looked towards the door.
“Did anyone at your party have a grudge against your daughter?” the doctor asked. “No! Of course not! She’s only six!” my father retorted hostilely.
“I’m sorry, but the extent of her injuries suggests that she didn’t fall but was pushed.”
“Pushed?! But every one loves Lilly.” I could hear the tears in my mothers’ voice.
“Please don’t take offence, but your daughter Erin? Dose she have a history of violence, or portray violent tendencies?” I felt the anger rise up inside of myself. ‘How can he know?!’ I thought furiously. ‘My acting was perfect!”
“Erin is adopted. She came to live with us when she was six.” My father explained. “There was one incident when she was seven. But she would never hurt her sister.”
“What did she do?” the doctor asked.
“Her cat bit her, and, well, she killed it.”
“Hum…” the doctor didn’t say anything after that.
“What are you doing?” I spun around and saw Nicky standing behind me. I glared at her. “It’s none of your business.” I growled in a menacingly low voice. I was enjoying being able to be myself. I saw fear strike in her eyes. I walked past her and towards the waiting room, and she followed me.
“I saw what you did. I know you pushed her,” she said.
I stopped and turned around slowly for affect. “Do you really think that’s the smartest thing to say to me Nicky? If I am willing to push my six year old sister down the stairs, what do you think I can do to you?”
I saw her breathing increase. “Why did you do it anyway?” she hedged. “I mean, what did she ever do to you to cause you to push her down a flight of stairs?”
“She was annoying.”
“That’s it?! You tried to kill her because she was ‘annoying’?”
“Yep.”
“You are a complete psychopath!”
“You know, you are starting to become really annoying too.” I said irritated.
“So what, you’re going to try and kill me to?” She said sarcastically.
“I’m seriously considering it!” I was getting sick of her. She stepped back in alarm; it was obviously not the response she was expecting. “So either shut-up and go away or tell me so I can kill now you and get it over with!” I continued sharply.
She stood there for a minute dumbfounded, and then started to walk past me to the waiting room. I quickly considered my options: ‘if I let her go,’ I thought, ‘she could tell someone. But if I just kill her now, I’ll be in the clear.’
Nicky walked by me with her head down. I turned around and watched her for second, trying to decide how best to do it. I saw a fire extinguisher hanging from the wall. ‘Perfect.’ I thought. I quickly walked up behind her and shoved her as hard as I could into the corner of the wall. She hit with a loud bang and then fell to the ground. I picked up the fire extinguisher and walked over to her. She moaned and rolled over; she had a cut on her forehead that looked to be about four inches long. There was blood running down her face. I raised the fire extinguisher getting ready to drop it on her head.
“Erin! Stop!” I heard someone yell just before I was shoved to the ground. The fire extinguisher went flying and hit a wall. I was lying on my stomach when my father grabbed me by the arm and pulled up. “Erin! What is wrong with you!” he said shaking me. I simply smiled at him for effect.
“Can you hear me?” the doctor said as he looked at Nicky’s wound. She replied with another moan. “What happened?!” my mother shrieked as she ran down the hall.
“Someone call the police!” my father said; he was still looking at me with shock.
They took Nicky away on a stretcher, and as much as I wanted to kill her, I was quite satisfied with what I had accomplished. My father continued to gawk at me with dismay. “How could you try to kill your own sister Erin?” his voice quivered as he spoke. I thought about it for a second. “Like I told Nicky, she was annoying me.”
He looked at me in astonishment, but didn’t say anything else.

~~~

When the police arrived, I was arrested and taken to jail. Two months later, my trial started. I was tried as an adult on two counts of attempted murder in the first degree. Nicky-who got off with no more then a concussion and ninety-six stitches- was called to testify, as was Lilly-who, in the long run, almost completely recovered except for a permanent limp. I was found guilty and sentenced to a psychiatric detention facility. And I have been here for the past three years.

People will try to forget about me, brush me off as a bad memory. They will move on and think of me as a ghost of their past, never to be seen again. But they’re wrong. I will get out of here. I will find them. And I will finish what I started.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Excellent! it felt like a book i could pick up at barnes and noble. i really like it and it was entertaining.  however, i do think u try bit hard to make her look like a socialpath. socialpath do have some emotion,(they feel happy and laugh at jokes) however the like empathy, the ability to relate to others and to understand other emotions (so while smile- pratice is entertaining, it bit much

Luckystar78 said...
Write more - I want to see what happens next, since you left it on a cliffhanger! 

NG123 said...
It was entertaining but I had difficulty in believing Nicky's behavior. She sees Erin push Lilly, she knows that Erin is a sociopath capable of murder, she should have known in the hospital that Erin wanted to kill her to get rid of witnesses, and to top it off, Erin threatens her. And yet, Nicky makes it easy for Erin to hit her in the head. She doesn't even think of watching her back, running out of the room, defending herself, or yelling for help. Even Lilly was unbelievable. If som... (more »)

JustMeDownHere... said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:54 pm:
this was my first and only thing I have read so far on here, but I doubt anything can compare! It is amazing, well composed, fit toegther PERFECTLY, and it catchs your interest right when you start to read it.

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 7:56 am:
my god!! you're danm talented!! you rock!! :-)

-MidnightAngel-This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 7:33 pm :
Thank you! :-)

CountryPopGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You need to make a sequel. I would be devastates if you just left it there.

_Hot_Dog_Maniac_ said...
Cool :D           You really ought to write a sequal.

PurpleWriter said...
when are u going to post the 2nd one? and what is it going to be called?

Sept. 23, 2011 at 8:27 pm :
It's going to be called, Erin's Revenge, (corny, I know lol), But unfourtunetly it's gotten a bit to big for TI :-\ 

PurpleWriter replied...
Sept. 25, 2011 at 7:12 pm :
Please, try to put it on. Oh, and I would really appreciate it if you could check out my book. Its called The Searcher's Allies

prettylittlewriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, that is really good. I still can't understand why someone could kill someone, but I really thought this story was very realistic and it taught me that sociopathic people just have no emotion. You are very talented. Can't wait to read more

andromeda13 replied...
Sept. 12, 2011 at 7:07 pm :
well they have emotion just no regret for their actions or concern for other people. to them people arn't friends or family they are just people that can be munipulated and used. 

Pedophobic said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 12:42 am:
I forgot to include in my last comment that i really really liked this, and that you should continue the story.

Mackenzie29 said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm:
WOOWWWW!!!! That was amazing, i love how you made your characters so realistic. You could see this happening in real life and it really makes you question the people around you. I loved it :D

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 8:29 am:
It was was AWESOME!!! great job! (Sorry for advrertizing) I just wrote two stories called nightstalker and the beast. If anyone could check them out and post some comments and feedback that would be great. Thanks! and keep writing everybody! :)(:

dragonbee said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 10:06 pm:
haha exactly it was amazing you'll be bigger than stephanie meyers good job

Starshiner345 said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 9:00 pm:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!  I could just imagine every second pass by :D Hey, if you can, check out my poems "Silent all these  Years" and "Drowning Deep Under" THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForeverFreedom said...
May 17, 2011 at 6:04 pm:
Well that was creepy...in a good way though!

CreatureOfHabbit replied...
May 20, 2011 at 9:35 pm :
I couldn't help but hope that Erin got away... lol I guess I'm wierd:-)