Home > Novel (Fiction) > Action-Adventure > Into the Unknown

Into the Unknown

Gabrielle M.
Into the Unknown
Summary: Kimberly Grace William life is completely normal. The only drama she's forced to handle is her annoying triplet brothers, and the occasional flirtacious actions of her highschool's jock Luke Shields.
But Kimberly's world is turned upside down and twisted around when her family decides to move from the cozy house they currently reside in, located in Florida, to halfway across the country to freezing Alaska.
Overwhelmed by the sudden change, Kimberly runs away from her family in one last desperate attempt to stay in the Sunshine State. Finally, she comes across the woods just outside her house people have claimed to hear wails and screams admitting from.
Despite that, she enters boldly, but little did she know that her best friend Maria Campbell happened to be following her. They argue, and eventually engage in a fight involving a flurry of nails and fists. Kimberly knocks her friend into a nearby pond, and is dragged in with her.
When they surface they're not met by the woods they were in previously before, but instead a beautiful golden field.
They're not in Florida anymore.
The two best friends enter this new world without of clue on how they got there. Loyalty, friendship, and trust will be tested as they venture through this mysterious land in hope to get home, and mystical abilities they never thought possible will arise. The magic and light of the land is wonderful, but where there is light, there is darkness: and the darkness might be something the two friends won't be able to hande.

Tags: family

This book has 21 comments. Post your own now!

Leann13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
im already hooked:) great story so far!!! i willl def read it all. i love your realistic characters! some of the connotation is off (in my opinion) but trust me u have a future in writing! u sure know how to draw a reader in! please read some of my stuff when they finally accept it... its been pending forever it seems. but really, i would love some constructive critisism! i know i need tips!

Coffee replied...

like it, like the characters (as you know, haha) Ithink the details are greta, and you can really picture your slef in the scene.

adive...hmmm I will come up with something..(I'm trying to get better at it) I guess....well, i like the writing style, though sometimes it seems a little to much Kimberl'y thoughts than a story, but that's also enjoyable at time, OH SCREW ADVICE. I liked it!