The Visions

Author's note: i get all my short stories or book ideas from dreams i have i just change it up so it becomes somthing i can use
Author's note: i get all my short stories or book ideas from dreams i have i just change it up so it becomes somthing i can use  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

chapter 1

I stared in to the east as the sun rose. Its rays turned the sand to the brightest gold. “My dear why are you up so early? It is not like you.” I jumped my breath catching in my throat before I saw it was only my Father. “Father!" You scared me. I-I had another vision” my father looked aghast before he composed himself again “Leona why did you not wake me! Well, I’m guessing the guards would not let you pass. Don’t worry I will speak with them. Now what did you see?” I paused, thinking, trying to pull back the bits and pieces I said “I saw a man riding across the desert. He will be here soon!” “What did he look like?” my father asked eagerly “He was tall, carrying a pistol at his side as he rode across the sand on a horse the color of the snow. His hair was the color as the golden sand he rode on, as he peered around with eyes like the sky.”
“Then I will hold you to your word. Oh! I almost forgot get dressed then come down for breakfast I have a surprise for you” “yes father” I said then after he left I slipped in to a white gown buckling a gold belt around my waist with the inscription of a green eye on it, my symbol. I am part of a prophecy, I think. Before the old king died he told his best friend that was with him to write down his last words which are as follows:
A maiden will be born with
Hair as black as night and
Eyes the color of the leaves on the trees
She will be born with a gift to see
And change things around her
Her powers will tell her of
A doom set in time
Waiting for her but when she returns
Home will be nothing like before
I can see in to the future I think that’s what it means ‘a gift to see’ I am the daughter of the king but, I did not tell my father the whole truth. I had seen me riding out to meet the lone rider sure, but I had also seen me being captured by the raiders. Specifically buy Giodan. The raiders are nomads that we give supplies to once a month. The supplies would go out today, but instead it would be the lone rider and the daughter of the king.
As I walked down the sandstone steps leading to the Great hall, I heard my father an Iorek captain of the royal guard “I’m sure she will accept your offer. We could have the wedding in this very hall.” He said in an excited little voice not unlike a childes whose mother has just given it a treat. So this was father’s surprise, Iorek marriage proposal.
I like Iorek but he’s my best friend it would just seem, well weird. He has dark wavy hair and always carries a doubled pointed javelin. As I came down the stairs Iorek stood up a little straighter and said “good morning princess you look beautiful just like always.” “Thank you Iorek” I said sweetly “father you said you had a surprise for me.” ”ah yes. You see Iorek has asked your hand in marriage!” “Why thank you Iorek “trying to acted surprised when really inside I was screaming No ,No, No. instead I said calmly. “But I’ll have to think about it you know talk to Micanna and such.” Iorek’s face darkened slightly then went back to his normal stern look so quickly I’m sure it even changed. “As you wish my lady.” Said Iorek as he bowed and walked away my father and I stood there for a few moments then father said “you would you like to talk about this over breakfast?” “If I must.” I said as I trudged toward the great hall.
When we had order the servants to bring the food my father looked at me intently and said “you will think about it won’t you?” I sighed trying to think of away to put my thoughts in lightly “father. I like Iorek as a friend. I really do, a best friend. He and I have been friends for so long it would just seem… odd. ” I said slowly. “Leona my darling you are almost 15 years old and 15 is the age when you are old enough to be married and become Queen. But that won’t happen till you have a husband. “But I don’t love him!”I finally blurted out before I could stop myself. “This is not about love. This is about finding someone to help you rule against the…” but I didn’t hear the rest of his sentence because I stared at horror at the man standing in the doorway, Iorek. “All you had to do was say no.” to me then turning to my father, “a lone rider is coming a crossed the horizon.”
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:17 am
wow that was sooo kewl! I very nice piece of work! great job! I just posted a new story i wrote called: Alien invasion series book one: the caller. If any of u had time please go check it out and post feedback and comments. It would be much appreciated! Thanks! and keep writing everyone! :)(:

Leann13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
very, very nice!!!!!!:)

ladykate100 said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:12 am
i hope you will like my book

Thunderstorm replied...

Very good! The story was entertaining and convincing. I was quite immeresed in the plot. Though at times a little confusing.

The end seemed felt a little rushed, I would have liked the last battle scene to have a little more ommph.

But besides that, super, hoping for more :)