Home > Novel (Fiction) > Action-Adventure > Scarlet: A Prologue

Scarlet: A Prologue

Elise W.
Scarlet: A Prologue
Summary: Scar is an accident. Her existence, her entire life has been the result of flawed experimentation. As an adolescent human-bird hybrid, she is as far from normality as one can possibly be. Scar lives in the caves of a deserted tropical island isolated somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Over the years she has learned the tongues of the birds of the air and the mammals on the earth and the fish in the sea. She cannot speak the human language except pronounce her own name, as she has never encountered a full human before. She does not remember anything from her early childhood, if she has any parents, or where she came from. Living in ignorance of her past is rather blissful in her little paradise world--however an unexpected visitor is about to turn her life around.

Nineteen-year-old Phoenix Taylor is hiding behind a mask. His dyed jet-black hair with lightning blue streaks always carefully obscures the left side of his face. That’s not the only mask he’s wearing though. All of his friends think he has the perfect life—wealthy parents, full scholarship for university, good part-time jobs, endless cash, shiny black Jeep, sick little studio apartment by the waterfront, free booze down at the bar he plays at every Friday—and now just needs the perfect girlfriend.No one suspected that this smart, cool, friendly guy with a bright future would also be a master at fraud documentation. No one would believe that both his parents died when he was four and none of his legal identification is actually real. Fate is about to meet destiny in this novel as Phoenix finds himself washed up on a strange island, and stumbles across someone he met in his dreams.