Metalligirl

Claire B.
Metalligirl
Summary: Wendy Walker's life wasn't never very fun to begin with- living in a girls' home with an insensitive, greedy guardian and flip-flop chucking orphans isn't ideal. But her life is turned upside down after discovering she has cancer and undergoing an experimental nanotechnology cancer treatment with unexpected side effects- the nanobots took over her body and turned her arm, leg, and side of her face into solid metal, complete with magnetic, robotic abilities! After narrowly escaping an examination clinic full of poking, prodding scientists, she stumbles across kids like her- a collection of freaks, accidents, and mutants who happen to be on their way to the Big Apple. When trouble arises with a power-hungry hypnotist, Wendy makes the transition to self-concious cyborg to hero of New York.

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Your welcome and just saying I love how you called her Metalligirl instead of just Metalgirl.

CurlyGirl17 replied...
Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:58 pm :
Thanks! And I checked out your poetry; I really like 'To be Perfect'.

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:12 am :
Thank you!  I'm pretty new to this sight so I've been trying to get people to read my work.  :)

Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:18 am:
This is my favorite teenink book so far!  I loved it!!! ;)

CurlyGirl17 replied...
Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:27 pm :
Thank you so much! That means a lot! :)

MadisHeart said...
Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:04 pm:
Self-consious cyborg, love it! So creative girl! Congrats on all the comments. I think you might be entertained by my book so you should check it out! You have a great way with words by the way.

CurlyGirl17 replied...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:19 pm :
Thanks so much; I'm glad you enjoyed it! And I'll definitely check out your book! :)

PortiaDawn said...
May 23, 2013 at 3:08 pm:
I love female heroes!!!

CurlyGirl17 replied...
Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:59 pm :
Thanks! Me too :)

milforce said...
Alright, so I write all of my comments as I’m reading, just so you know. That way I won’t forget anything. Also, I’m completely honest and share all of my thoughts. Please don’t be offended by criticism, I only want to help you improve your writing. With that said, here we go! First off, Wendy Walker is a very generic name. It doesn’t stand out by any means so people won’t remember it. The first paragraph was okay. There wasn’t anything really special ab... (more »)

CurlyGirl17 replied...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:42 pm :
Wow! Thanks for being so thorough! This is very informational; I'll try to keep this all in mind. I think I'll keep the name, though- I got it from the whole superhero character identical-sounding initials thing- (you know, Peter Parker, Bruce Banner, Clark Kent, etc.) But anyway, thanks for all the time you put into this comment; it means a lot! :)

nightblade said...
I liked your story and the whole flow, sometimes I was confued but when I read it over again a few times I understood what you were writing. I know you've heard this before from everybody else that commented so I'm sorry if this seems really annoying but I couldn't help but notice the grammar. You did a great job with introducing you main character and how her life was before while connecting it to the plot. I loved it and did my best for advice - even if it wasn't the grea... (more »)

CurlyGirl17 replied...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:20 pm :
Thanks for the comment; I appreciate it! :)

CurlyGirl17 said...
Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:20 am:
Hey, sorry about the double negative in the story summary- I meant to say 'was never.' Oops. :)

munchkincora said...
Hello. :) I wrote Merrikeep and read your comment. First of all: Thank you for reading and commenting on my book. I really apperciate it. Second: I really like your book. It's very good and has an interesting story line.

CurlyGirl17 replied...
Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:09 am :
Thanks a lot! :)

ShahiroThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like how you never really let the reader's rest - always keeping us on the edge of our chairs! nice jjob!! =-D

CurlyGirl17 replied...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:50 pm :
Thanks! Knowing readers are interested in the story and what happens to the characters means a lot to me! :)

Elphabalover72 said...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:09 pm:
I really love the emotion and the characters are well developed. You just have one misspelling. "Te," is supposed to be, "the."

CurlyGirl17 replied...
Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:46 am :
Thanks, and sorry about the typos- I tend to type faster and sloppier when I'm excited about what I'm writing! :)