Surviving 2200

jetta.ck
Surviving 2200
Summary: In the future year of 2200, Jinx finds herself in a camp meant for juvenile delinquents. She has done nothing wrong; her parents were simply lazy and felt that the camp would serve as a sufficient "babysitter." After not knowing why she was considered a bad kid and placed it this camp, she discovers that it truly wasn't her fault; it was her parents' fault. Soon, she finds six other juveniles in the same situation and decides to escape the "torture camp."
Led by Dett, the courageous leader of the crew, they end up almost putting themselves into more trouble than they were in the first place, including some romances that weren't supposed to happen. Join Jinx, Dett, and the rest of their friends as they take a journey that we all know too well: life.

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

milforce said...
                Alright, so first off just a little note. I write all of my comments live (so as I’m reading this). I do this so I don’t forget things and because I think you can get a better sense of my opinion. So with that in mind, here we go! The first couple of sentences are excellent except for the light analogy. It seemed kind of cheesy and forced to me. How about just leaving it as faster than light? A... (more »)

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you SO much!! I will definitely make those changes... It means a lot for you to be reading my work!! Thanks so much again.

JK.87 said...
Okay, so hey, I really liked the beginning of the novel, and I think you're off to a great start.  My favorite character is probably the boy with the blond hair (whose name I'd like to know).  Um, one think I guess confused me was how old they are... that might want to pop up somewhere in there.  Either way, I'd love to read more!!! :D

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! (: I understand how you could be confused. I threw some clues in there, such as it being a "juvenile camp", but I'm working on incorporating their ages more. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'll definitely be posting mroe soon. (: