The Key to Finding

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »

Just a Little Mischievous

Oblivious to the tension that had happened, Xandelar had been drawing chalk pictures with the village children and was quite happy in doing so. He hadn't had this much freedom in his five years of living! And boy, was chalk drawing ever so much fun! He grinned cheekily as he finished his drawing, a truly artistic rendering of the white and blue crescent banner he'd seen earlier. He wiped his face with his sleeve before looking around. He frowned.
Hmm, where did they go? He looked at all the adults. No Zan, no Dacia, and no Meri. The young boy shrugged. Perhaps they were getting some more stuff. He was about to start another amazing chalk drawing before something interesting caught his attention. Whirling around, the young boy stared at the source with an open mouth, and started to take a step forward when a thought struck him. He bit his lip before looking back into the crowds.
What if he left and Meri, or Zan, or Dacia, came back to think he was lost? That wouldn't be quite good then. And although he didn't know who he was, somewhere deep inside, Xandelar remembered someone teaching him that good decisions make a good prince...or was it person? He dismissed the memory but kept pondering on his current dilemma.
But then again, as he stared at the magnificent object, already floating away from him, they won't be back so quickly. I have time.
And with a regretful but wild smile on his face, the young boy dashed off, eager to obtain the magnificent object that caught his eye's attention.