Golden Horizon

Author's note: I hope this short story inspires others to write random stories either for a friend (like this...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope this short story inspires others to write random stories either for a friend (like this one was for) or for the sake of passing time.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next »

Us Against the World

Oh my God, oh my God! This cannot be happening… this, this just can’t be happening to me of all people. It’s just like that show Lost except there are only four of us..
“Jane, are you okay?”…
Mia, Mia where are you?
I’m right here Mia, it’s me Jane, everything is going to be okay (silently sobbing); it’s going to be alright.
“Jane, I’m so scared. Where is my cousin? And where is Seth?”
Mia I don’t want to be the Debbie Downer here but after
Initial plane crash hysteria.
the airplane crashed I saw their half of the plane plummet into the opposite side of the island. And I don’t see anyone around us who appears to be alive.
“Jane shut up! Just shut up, okay? My cousin is alive I just know he is. (Bawling on the floor) He just has to be alright.”
Its okay, it’s okay. Sshhh. Everything will be okay Mia but you have to get up so we can go find them, alright?
“Yeah, alright. Jane?”
Yes?
“Why did this happen to us?”
I honestly don’t know. But don’t let your mind wonder on whys and what ifs, just focus on the present.
“I’ll try.”