Hunting | Teen Ink

Hunting

May 18, 2018
By Dsafe25 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Dsafe25 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hunting is very important in this world. It does lots of things for us, but here our just a few examples. It gets us food on our tables, it comes in handy in times when you need it most, and it is also very fun, and sometimes it is very important in the family. I hate how Vegans think how it is so bad that we are killing animals. I mean to me it is very fun, and then when the meat gets processed, it is always a good time to eat up the meat, and look back at the memories.

 

Hunting Is Important. Again, it gets you food on the table. You go out in the early mornings or late evenings and get a buck or doe, get the meat processed and boom, just like that, the food is on the table. And the crazy thing is, it didn’t even cost a dime! I mean yeah, to get it processed by someone it will cost a little, but if you do it yourself it doesn't cost anything!


I would rather do that than buy groceries. And also, Venison is healthy food, it is not any junk food. Good meat, gets you stronger and healthier, and it tastes great!


Hunting is also fun. My personal favorite thing about it is that you get to be outdoors all the time! It’s not some indoor crap where you sit inside, you get to wake up at 5, get to the stand around 6 and wait for the sunrise, drink some coffee, and enjoy some view while you wait for the big bucks. You also get to spend time with friends and family. You get to get together, and have just a good old time, as long as your safe. And then, hopefully afterwards you can crack a cold pop and celebrate the big 10 pointer. And you get to shoot. Shooting a gun is always fun, as long as your using it for the right purposes.


It is also something different.  Every year, it is something I look forward too. Our buddies from up north come down, we have a couple parties in the barn, and then the next morning we are off hunting, and it is honestly the best time in the world. I have never been disappointed hunting, even when I haven't seen anything. You also get too look at the scenery. You go and get the fire started in the shack, and sit their, kick your feet up, and watch the sunrise. The sun coming over the trees before it is always a beautiful site. And hunting sometimes takes you away from all the stress in your normal, bustling life. You get to enjoy the nice, quiet country, and enjoy a good time with friends.


To conclude this, it is always fun to get outdoors and enjoy something you don’t get to do that often every year. It also becomes something you love to do every season, every year when it starts to get cold you get the urge, wanting to go sit out in the stand and get ready for the season to start. And once you hunt for a while, take the gun safety class, and start to really enjoy it, you will use it for the rest of your life, teach it to your kids, and grandkids, and watch them enjoy it too.

 

Thank You.


The author's comments:

I wrote it because I started hunting 2 yrs ago and loved it.