Celtics: Early Season Misery | Teen Ink

Celtics: Early Season Misery

January 19, 2017
By KMante PLATINUM, Leicester, Massachusetts
KMante PLATINUM, Leicester, Massachusetts
27 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Maybe its not about the happy ending, maybe its about the story.


The Boston Celtics. The underdogs. The overcomers. True warriors, that bleed green and never give up. An okay team to many around the league, but why have sports fans completely stopped believing in the celtics? Is it just because...there just okay? Is it because of the fact that they don't have a promising superstar? Or is because they're just another team in the Eastern conference? No matter what opinion you may have, let me just beginning by saying that I’m totally unimpressed with the celtics performance to begin the season. With repeated losing streaks, the Celtics only seem to strike a win here and there. With the addition of Al Horford and Jaylen Brown this summer, the celtics have been certainly underperforming, and underachieving all the goals/tasks hey had set for themselves in the beginning of the season. With teams like Cleveland still at the top of the rankings with King James, and hot teams with true superstars like the Raptors, the Celtics have to give way more than what they're putting in now, and immediately change their game plan. Early injuries to Jae Crowder(8 games), Al Horford(10 games) and Isaiah Thomas(4 games) have raised many questions. Are the Celtics ready for a long season when their already beaten up squad 25 games into the season? Danny Ainge President of the Boston Celtics in a recent interviews with WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Adam Kaufman said that “ Unless you’re one of those top elite teams, it’s hard. There is a lot of parity in the NBA, and the difference between winning 40 and 50 games is very fragile.” So Danny Ainge if our team is not elite, is it not about time for you to do something? Repeated 1st round picks like terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown have given us very little results, and with busts like James Young, the fan base is frustrated at seeing three point losses on back to back nights aren’t making us happy. The Celtics seems to have begun following a zombie like pattern every game. All we do now is take L’s. Brad or Danny wherever you are, please do something, and this time let it not be about a first round pick. We want experienced players, already packaged. We don't want to grow players, were not a farm or a nursery, we want a championship.