Adoration for Video Games | Teen Ink

Adoration for Video Games

March 25, 2015
By SparakObama BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
SparakObama BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I have always been the shy type to not talk to people when not spoken to.  This has caused me to be more of an outsider, but I have started to change my ways because of a gateway into a more social life.  This gateway was video games believe it or not.  Being able to play video games with people across the world whether it is over Xbox Live or just on the PC.  Video games are more than just a game they are way to connect to people.  My deep love for video games started around sixth grade when I got my first Xbox 360 and over the years I have transitioned from console gaming to PC gaming.  From Call of Duty and Battlefield to League of Legends and Counterstrike: Global Offensive, the transition was well worth it.  It’s not just about better games than it is a better gaming community.  The community on the Xbox was full of toxicity and rage when the PC’s community was less of that and more of “I just want to have fun and play the game” type of attitude.  The community makes plenty of cool things like mods and custom maps and skins.  Video games just bring people together as a community and let these people bring out the creativeness to help video games become even better.  Along with a better community the PC comes with more options for communication like Skype, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, and many more, which attributes to being able to talk to friends while you are playing games together.  Being able to play video games with friends is much like playing sports with friends because it takes communication and strategy to win games.  Although the physical aspect of the game is left out that just makes it easier to play more and more games.  Overall video games are a positive hobby no matter what the media depicts them as.