Love of Sports | Teen Ink

Love of Sports

By Cookie97 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Cookie97 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

When I’m asked to name something that I love, one of the first thoughts that come to my mind are sports.  Every since I was born I enjoyed playing a football or basketball.  As a kid my time was spent outside playing every sports that I could think of.  I was introduced to organized sports in fifth grade and have participated in football and basketball for the past six years.  I love sports because of the life lessons that can be taught and the friendships that can be made.  Through out my sports career I have learned countless lessons that I can use the future when I am out of high school.  Adversity is the biggest lesson that I have learned.  It taught me that, to be victorious, I had to dig deep and overcome all types of adversity.  Determination is also an important lesson because I have to give one hundred and ten percent ever drill, shot, tackle, etc.  I am very close many of my coaches and have become a sort of father figure.  The friendships that I have made during my experience in sports have really helped me.  The majority of my friends are in the same sports or in at least one of the sports I am involved in.  The camaraderie that was built between my teammates and I have made the sports more fun.  Track is an entertaining sport because you have a choice of which events you want to participate in.  It is a more relaxed environment and the coaches joke with the athletes frequently.  I think football is the sport where I felt the closest with my friends because of the long season and the amount of time that I spent with them day-in and day-out.  Playing sports has been a part of my life since I can remember and I intend to continue playing sports as long as I can.